2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mic wire and a DAB windscreen aerial to install. I’d like to take off the A pillar trim to tuck the wires behind but also to ground the DAB aerial. The thing that concerns me is that there is a side curtain airbag behind there. Is this more hassle than it’s worth trying to remove this trim?

· Super Moderator
5,051 Posts
what I did with mine was to run it across the top edge of the airbag cover on the passenger side and then under the door seal down to the bottom of the dash.
then you can route it where you need to get plugged in after that.
the aerial earth can be slipped under the roof lining if it has a magnetic clamp.
the mic could go across the top of the screen under the roof lining to the driver side if that's where you want it.

· Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what I did with mine was to run it across the top edge of the airbag cover on the passenger side and then under the door seal down to the bottom of the dash.
then you can route it where you need to get plugged in after that.
the aerial earth can be slipped under the roof lining if it has a magnetic clamp.
the mic could go across the top of the screen under the roof lining to the driver side if that's where you want it.
Cheers for that. Is there no way of getting the trim off then? The DAB aerial is one that attaches with an adhesive strip rather than a magnet.

· Super Moderator
5,051 Posts
The trim does come off but I didn't need to so can't comment.
There may be some threads if you search for them, believe that the clips may need to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts