2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right not sure if I'm worrying about nothing but I have fitted my HID kit today on my CTR.

They are working fine, the only thing being when I turn my sidelights on only... The HIDs flash for a spilt second the. Go off. Same goes for when I turn my sideligs off, the HIDs flash for a spilt second once again.

This is not every time it's hit and miss but it doesn't seem normal?

Appreciate any help with this matter :)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
FIT A DECENT EARTHING KIT ...

About £30 on eBay ...

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I've fitted my earthing kit (well, started to) and its stopped my HIDs flickering. Not totally but there's a major improvement. Ive only fitted 2 earths so far.
There are several causes to consider such as battery so rule out every possibility one by one. I think a weak battery comes up as error code PA50

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Since the OEM HIDs do not have this problem, and do not need any extra earthing kits, it's pretty obvious the cause is the cheap chinese HIDs.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Since the OEM HIDs do not have this problem, and do not need any extra earthing kits, it's pretty obvious the cause is the cheap chinese HIDs.

Hmm thats strange ive seen plenty of threads stating oem HID problems.

Yes you are probably right Catalin.

however that is not one bit helpful and doesnt solve the problem stated.

So to put it politely if you dont have anything helpful to say then perhaps Don a suitable article of clothing for vigourous excersise.

And jog the jolly way along fellow :cool::cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They weren't so much flickering, it was simply a spilt second flash on and then off when I turned the sidelights on and the same when I turned them off, about once in every 3/4 turns.

But the problem seems to have sorted itself out and does not do it anymore.

It isn't a cheap kit infact it's one of Mr JPs 55w 6000k. And apart from that little hitch, I love them :) Definately one of the best styling mods...

Just don't drop e bulb holder down the cold air feed pipe like I did :/

Thanks for your help guys, not gonna bother with an earthing kit unless the problem returns.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
They weren't so much flickering, it was simply a spilt second flash on and then off when I turned the sidelights on and the same when I turned them off, about once in every 3/4 turns.

But the problem seems to have sorted itself out and does not do it anymore.

It isn't a cheap kit infact it's one of Mr JPs 55w 6000k. And apart from that little hitch, I love them :) Definately one of the best styling mods...

Just don't drop e bulb holder down the cold air feed pipe like I did :/

Thanks for your help guys, not gonna bother with an earthing kit unless the problem returns.

Mines flashes when turning the head lights all the way on and gets brighter untill full light but not sidelights?

p.s. i dropped a torch and it got stuck in my bumper :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.