2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been threatening to do this, so here it is.. I'll start to show all the mods I have done to lil Betty.

So far I've only done practical or what I think is aesthetically pleasing mods, cause let's face it.. the CTR is already loudisly styled already.

What this has highlighted is I must do a better job of documenting what's been done and how I've done it to help everyone else out.

To list thus far.

• OEM illuminated door sills
• OEM illuminated foot wells
• Removal, clean and respray of corroded glove box brackets (noticed when routing wiring for above)
• Next base 412GW dashcam
• Dream Alcantara boot gaitor
• Rally Armour mudflaps
• K&N panel filter
• OEM indoor garage dust cover
• OEM black wheel nuts and locking wheel nuts
• CW scale model replica (cause I can)
• Removal of ceramic coating, as it was applied over a 'wash n scratch' dealer pdi wash first. 2 stage machine polish & ceramic seal currently in progress (first time trying this)

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooooo. What's this....
Next on the list.. Acuity's fully adjustable performance shifter and transmission cable bushes!
More details to follow after fitment

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Nice!
Did you order that direct from them in the USA?

I've got their centering springs, rocker and throw upgrades now waiting to go on (9G) - Bought from Dream; But didn't get any Acuity stickers thrown in! (Meaning I'm missing out on the extra 5HP :p )

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeap, been talking with Russ @ Acuity on this and something else in the pipeline, and ordered from US. Got to my door in less than 48hrs.. great service. If ** at japfest c donington, you can have a Acuity sticker ?

·
Premium Member
2,288 Posts
Something else in the pipeline? Curious :p

Wishing I'd ordered from them directly now! Took a couple of weeks to get here from Dream, and panned out to slightly more expensive even after taxes!

At the moment I'm only at Silverstone Japfest, but we'll see in time :)
Are you going to Silverstone BTCC with CTRO?

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update..

I have the Acuity sat in the garage, along with a couple of other bits to fit...
Travelling so much with work means that I'm not at home to do the work I would like to do on Betty..
Thing is, as i have to remove the air intake to change out the transmission cable bushes, do I upgrade the intake while I'm at it???
If so, what intake do I got for?? Suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Gruppe M looks pretty :smile3:

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, it's been a while, so I thought I better so some updates
Now fitted is the acuity shifter kit and upgraded transmission cable brushes.
Much more precise and engaging gear shifting!

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
H&R Wheel spacers fitted, just for looks no performance benefit but certainly allows the wheels to look flush and the appearance they filled the arches better.

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And cleaned/detailed the car within an inch of its life. It's just as clean in the engine bay and underside as it is on the outside!
Not a swirl mark or scratch in sight!

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And finally for today's update, forge FMI fitted..
Looks quite well and not blatantly obvious behind the bumper grill.

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks M - 8, it was taken by a dwarf...
Drag Racer, made me laugh!

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Next up.. Acuity's pedal spacer, which now aligns with the brake, which I find is great for brake/acc pedal switching! Has 3 setting, I've gone for A, which aligns with the brake pedal height wise and remains the same distance apart.. has 3 settings in total, so you can have it quite close to the brake pedal and slightly away height wise..
1st 2 pics are as it was, remaining are with the spacer in place.
Anyway, feels right for me, got this from Tegiwa imports for about £100.

Attachments

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ooooooooo, look at what's come in the post.. not fitting until I get the HKS boost pipes, then I'll do the whole lot at once..
Sneaky peak and it is very well made and good quality.. can't wait to see it on the car!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts