2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's

i am due to pick up my EX today but would like some help/advice. i am the type that will spend most of my working life in the car and do about 1100 mile per week so i would love to hear from anyone who is getting in that number of miles and tell me of any problems they might of had. or trying to be a "glass half full" person, anything good :D

thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi,
I do about the same (40k per year). I expect you do mostly motorway miles. I've been doing this for a few years now and my last few cars have all been great up to 120k miles/3 years (except a bmw which was crap).
I've only had the civic 2 months but done 10k already. no problems thus far. my thoughts would be...

mpg is great for a petrol (50), petrol is cheaper than diesel up to 100k miles (I did the maths) and the petrol is still quieter, but only a little.

the ex model has loads of toys to keep you occupied. the gps (I use it a lot) is great, much better than after-fit ones. the traffic master is brilliant.

it's quiet & comfortable for a 300 mile drive. I like to stop every couple of hours but sometimes if you're running late...

tyre wear is great (so far, hardly any after 10k)

range is about 500 miles (petrol), which is ok.

my biggest day so far is somerset > york > romford > home (about 600 miles I think).

get the servicing pack (5 services for 500 quid). servicing is quite cheap anyway.

overall - great. my previous car was a jag and it's nearly as comfy but much cheaper to run.

some of the dash is a bit cheap, but overall it feels like it will last 150k I guess.

·
Registered
75 Posts
no problem. beat my all time record this week, 2240 in 5 days. enough! I need to lie down. :)
1st service coming up after 9 weeks

race you to 100k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
steveking1000 said:
no problem. beat my all time record this week, 2240 in 5 days. enough! I need to lie down. :)
1st service coming up after 9 weeks

race you to 100k
now that is going some!!!

well i have had the car for one week and managed to get 1200 on it and pulled by the police. thank god just let me off with a "slow down son" chat

·
Registered
75 Posts
nearly all of mine is on business. because of that, I keep records about exactly how much the car costs me and over how many miles. My previous car was a Jag X-type and it cost me exactly 23.5 pence per mile in total over 85k miles, including depreciation, servicing, fuel etc. etc. I think/hope the Civic will be around the 20 pence mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts