2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have Civinfo on the home screen of my iPhone 5. I was wonderng if you have the power to change the logo to a high res one as it looks all bitty and out of place on my home screen :p

I have attached a screenshot although doesn't show it brilliantly

Thanks,
Me xxxx

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Where is that graphic from? Is it a shortcut to Tapatalk (you can do that on Android) or is it something else...?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
i had this on my iphone as well before Apple nuked it... now cant find it anywhere!!!

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pottsy the icon is created from when you create a bookmark/favorite from a web page and put the shortcut on your home screens for easy access

:)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
That's exactly right. It's when you bookmark it to your home screen.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Yes, some Android browser writers have noticed that Apple have asked webmasters to use these non-standard icons and some browsers pick some of them up some of the time.

Everything you always wanted to know about touch icons · Mathias Bynens

Microsoft made a huge mistake when it produced non standard html for Frontpage/IE many years ago. Much has been written about it and even Microsoft realise it was bad and have pushed ahead with standards-compliant browsers and code ever since.

Meanwhile, under our noses, Apple are now doing just what MS did in the past, and it's a nightmare. Sell those shares!

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Much much better. Thanks very much :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts