2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on my way home I hit a deer on the motorway while overtaking a truck. I really think the VSA system saved me, as it could've gone horribly wrong if the car had veered off course! :surprise:

The deer was thankfully killed instantly when I went back and checked.

Got the car in for repairs today. So I get to spend a few days with a Hyundai i20 :smile3:

My dashcam got a good view of how suddenly the small deer appeared out of nowhere!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1432W8L1IU&list=WL&index=7&t=0s

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Wow, glad you're ok. very lucky and what looks to be very minimal damage after hitting a dear.

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,101 Posts
Wow, glad you're ok. very lucky and what looks to be very minimal damage after hitting a dear.
Definitely! Looks like the car hit the hind legs. A friend of mine had his Subaru written off by hitting a deer near Humberside Airport.

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
That looks scary!! Glad that you are OK though mate, car will be fixed - more than can be said for the deer... He's in deer heaven with the watership down wabbits... "Bright eyes, burning like fire..... Bright eyes...

·
4,211 Posts
He didn't appear out of nowhere. he was standing in the middle of the road, minding his own business, when along came this car and........
Seriously, I bet that shook you up a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Hard to tell but it looks like a Chinese Water Deer. Doesn't seem to be listed in Dutch species when I pull up results on Google, but a photo from a Dutch Park appears to show one, so I'm guessing they're out there.

Glad you're ok but I'm guessing the car damage is probably severe as even a small deer weighs quite a bit.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took a picture of the deer when I checked if it was injured or killed.

Attachments

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
I wouldn't of gone back. You put yourself in more danger wandering along a unlit road than when you hit deer. Advise police of location and leave if given ok to continue. I nearly hit one years ok, came out of shadow and just wandered into my path, I stopped inches away with fortunately no one behind me to run into my rear. Glad your ok and car hopefully cosmetic bumper damage with nothing seriously bent.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
That looks scary!! Glad that you are OK though mate, car will be fixed - more than can be said for the deer... He's in deer heaven with the watership down wabbits... "Bright eyes, burning like fire..... Bright eyes...
Stop it, I'm welling up :laugh2:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts