2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Just wanted to say Hiya to all my forum members.

I recently bought my Civic 2.2 cdti and it's a great car, but I have had my unfair share of problems.........but more later.

Anyway, I've been on the forum a few times before joining and you guys are great at helping out.

OK Thanks for now!!

·
Down and Dirty
347 Posts
welcome! ^^

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hiya

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.

I am just getting used to all the various sections here. Just posted information regarding my clutch replacement.

I only bought my Civic three weeks ago and I have been unfortunate to have quite a few teething problems.

1. Clicking noise on braking - Subframe bolts tightend = £108 (Honda Dealer)

2. Passenger side wing mirror not folding up - £217 (Honda) covered under my Warranty

3. New LUK clutch (£170) and LUK DMF (£359) - fitting £200

4. 100k full service - all filters changed

5. MOT June 2011

6. Sat Nav DVD discs - dealer lost original disc so I had to buy the discs from www.navigation.com and they reimbursed the costs = £178

7. Front pads £45

So I think I've just been really unlucky!!!

·
"Grandad eye"
2,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Unlucky about the extra money you've had to shell out for. Its worth it though as they are great cars ;-)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :)
that is a bad start to ownership, hope things get better !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great car - you're so right

Yes it's a shame, but on the bright side it's got a new lease of life - and it does put a smile on your face.

Amazing that a diesel can produce such performance.

While I am here...... wanted to ask whether the gear changes should become notchy or slightly stiffer after a clutch change? I would have thought the opposite to be the case + had new gear oil added

The clutch pedal biting point also seems very low down i.e. you only have to lift your foot up ever to slightly for the clutch to engage. This means I have stalled a few times at lights - again with a new clutch I would not have expected this.

Any ideas?

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Forum :D

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Welcome Hondastic, Sorry to hear you had a bad start with your car, I gather you did not buy your car from a dealer, otherwise the MOT and all the problems could have been sorted out before you bought the car, I would take the car back to where you had the clutch done. to get the problem sorted out, good luck. :D

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Hi and a very warm welcome!

Good choice of model :D. The diesels are robust and can last a very long time!
I am quite surprised that you had to fork out the repairs as you only got the car for only three weeks. I thought you would have received some sort of warranty or the dealer might sort out the issues for free.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts