2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve had my Harmon Kardon D+P installed for a couple of weeks now.Its working pretty well so far.But i have to say i`m not impressed with the sound.I know its not going to be as good as CD sound but i was expecting it to be better.
The hissing from the speakers is starting to get very annoying.Its not that noticable on louder tracks but on the quiter ones it is,and turning the volume up just makes it worse.
Theres also a high pitched or whining sound which seems to be interferance from the engine,the higher the revs go the higher pitched it gets.
Is there any way i can get around these problems?
Any info appreciated[smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Hi Bosco how was it fitted?
if you used the fm modulator then that could be why you get the interference . I have used this with a connects 2 style interface with perfect results.
hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bosco how was it fitted?
if you used the fm modulator then that could be why you get the interference . I have used this with a connects 2 style interface with perfect results.
hope this helps
I`ve also used a Connects2 box.Is it possible its connected up wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try a large damping capacitor across the 12V power input. Maplin sell suitable ones. A ground loop isolator may also help. Having said that I have HK D+P and Connects2 box which sounds really good!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts