2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked straight from CTRO forum for anyone interested

" At last after a long long wait XO are proud to be the first to fit the all new HKS exhaust system for the Civic Type R FN2.

Dyno proven results are

STD 170.5 bhp ATW

AEM Short Ram and HKS Exhaust 178.6bhp ATW

Torque is also up by 25.7

Dyno graphs will follow shortly.

price has just been released officially today at £595+vat (not bad at all). General release is not for another couple of weeks, so pre-book to avoid dissapointment.

http://www.xopowertuning.co.uk " Terry

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
Cant wait to hear how it sounds.

Still prefer the original tailpipes tho, hope they have that option!!

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the original tailpipes are round too

yea i would like to hear it aswell - to compare it with the miltek zorst

·
Registered
208 Posts
How about putting it into the Type S 1.8? Do you know what effect would it give?

·
You're or your..........
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't know mate - contact the providers through the website [smilie=thumbup.gif]

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
i was just going to say about the type s too, althought i am going to see if i can egt insured with Adrian Flux as my current insurer will not let me modify my car till i am 25 :(

·
Banned
88 Posts
i think the new round pipe looks mint, love the hks surround. does the price include the aem kit? and how does it compare to the miltek?

lozza :cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Has anyone found a soundclip of the exhaust?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
200bhp (or 201bhp to be precise) is the power measured at the flywheel, by the time it's driven all manner of things on the way, there is a percentage drop.
Have yet to see an FN2 on our dyno make the quoted bhp.

They are all coming out at anything from 208-215bhp!
First one we had in was at a Civic RR day where cars were making stock 197 and around that. We put the FN2 on and it made 212bhp in 3 seperate runs.

Will post up pictures and results of the HKS tests soon.

Paul

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
HKS Exhaust kit

How good does this look! :cool:

This setup is totally road legal and on idle and low revs sounds as quiet as stock. Open it up and it has a nice raspy sound.
It made significant gains over the stock exhaust which is you look at it looks like its been driven over by a truck as its squashed in places and very restrictive at the exit pipes with some silly little baffles on the tailpipes.

When combined with a CAI and the Hondata reflash we saw a jump of 14bhp and 9ft/lb torque.

Just need the manifold to arrive now. :cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yea some pics further back are needed. Very interested in this. Have the Hondata ECU on the way too. Damn you all for being so far away :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is starting to look real nice now. I am most certainly getting this done although I still have no idea what it sounds like. Still searching for a sound clip.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts