2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fitted and tested a heatshield we have designed and made for the HKS race suction kits today on Loxys car.
He also fitted the scoop-in kit which helps and we saw a significant drop in intake temps as soon as the car was moving and when under load.

Best combination would be to use something like the scoop or Tegiwa scoop with the foglights removed and also get a good ram effect into the engine bay.

We are supplying these for £45+vat.

Email me direct if you are interested or want to place an order at [email protected]

Paul

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Awesome!! I'll definately go for the HKS now! (again lol) I definately want the fogs gone as they crack easily and the tegiwa scoops look really cool on Mugen cars!

Great work! :D

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
Love what you guys are doing up there, going to have me driving 3 1/2 hours to spend a day with you again in no time at all! Are you going to post a pic, or are you worried about giving the design away? I'm interested in the fitting difficulty as I would prefer to do it myself.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stupidly we forgot to take a picture of it fitted without the intake on as was so busy on a few other jobs.
I was working on a mint EVO, Neil and Ben were on Marios boosted Teg and Lou was finishing off Dezis turbo kit now the parts arrived! :)

Got a picture of it on though. It has one main fixing which picks up on the OEM airbox bracket. It sits on that perfectly and doesn't rotate as is secured an supported by the bracket. It's 2mm aluminium plate so pretty rigid.

I think that combined with the scoop it finished the kit off really well. With the scoop but foglight in you still get spill over from the hot radiator. HKS filters a good design as it has a velocity stack incorporated into the moulding which helps stabilise airflow across the MAF sensor.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Very happy with this heatshield, it's a well made, sturdy bit of kit.

Really impressed with the intake temperature results we saw.

Top work as always from TDi! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Very happy with this heatshield, it's a well made, sturdy bit of kit.

Really impressed with the intake temperature results we saw.

Top work as always from TDi! :thumbsup:
Got any pics loxy?

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Excuse the camera phone pics.

Notice the old intake pipe, the other end of this is connected to the scoop, so cold air flows straight at the filter.

Extremely pleased with it. Exactly what I wanted. :D

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Top stuff!

You dont have RRC Loxy?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Top stuff!

You dont have RRC Loxy?? :confused:
Yes I do. You can see it on the last pic!

Maybe it is the carbon RRC inlet cover that has confused you?!

Is there a change in induction note? Looks smart!
The induction note is pretty much unchanged.

Mine sounds quite aggressive anyway because of the TB, RRC inlet manifold and cams. :lol:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Yes I do. You can see it on the last pic!

Maybe it is the carbon RRC inlet cover that has confused you?!
Thats why I asked, the RRC has flat inlets whereas yours look round still, like the RSP :D

Perhaps the angle is skewing things lol

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Must be the photo, cover or angle skewing the perspective. Here is another that I didn't post because it does really show the heatshield.

They are straight and it is definitely a RRC.

You can tell from the angle of the inlet to the TB. ;)

Anyhow, back on topic! Great bit of kit!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Must be the photo, cover or angle skewing the perspective. Here is another that I didn't post because it does really show the heatshield.

They are straight and it is definitely a RRC.

You can tell from the angle of the inlet to the TB. ;)

Anyhow, back on topic! Great bit of kit!
Thanks for clarification! back to topic!

Its nice to see this as an option to the HKS, as in terms of sound its number one : )

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Hi Loxy,
Did you get the carbon RRC cover from Tegiwa?
No I didn't. I'm not aware that Tegi do them, but I might be wrong.

It's a Password:JDM one.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.