2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

Registered
Milano Red Fn2
I have a hks rsk sitting in my garage, I have switched between standard and the hks many times. I did have a cold air feed from the front bumper to the cone but put it back to standard.
I鈥檝e got one sat in my shed too 馃槀 it was on the car when I bought it and I hated it, just a load of noise and nothing else apart from heat soak and flat spots 馃憥馃徎 Maybe with other mods it would have made a difference but since swapping back to a standard setup the car seems much happier

Registered
I鈥檝e got one sat in my shed too 馃槀 it was on the car when I bought it and I hated it, just a load of noise and nothing else apart from heat soak and flat spots 馃憥馃徎 Maybe with other mods it would have made a difference but since swapping back to a standard setup the car seems much happier
Haha Yeah, the noise can get a bit much sometimes. Mine has a flat spot even with the standard box in, if you floor it from low revs it's holds back for a split second then goes. 馃

Registered
Alabaster civic 08 Type R
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Haha Yeah, the noise can get a bit much sometimes. Mine has a flat spot even with the standard box in, if you floor it from low revs it's holds back for a split second then goes. 馃
I had that in my old civic mb6, I would floor it, just as car was going to hit vtec it would hit a massive flat spot for a second , car felt like it was holding back, then kick in to vtec. It was weird. Couple guys looked at it that where big into their honda tunning and they said it was the injectors, cant remember these where change, but they solved the issue in the day. It had been to honda 4 times to try and sort the issue out and four times they failed, had it for days saying it was this and that, it went to few lads in a run down garage who just messed with hondas, tunning etc and they had it sorted in the day.

Registered
I had that in my old civic mb6, I would floor it, just as car was going to hit vtec it would hit a massive flat spot for a second , car felt like it was holding back, then kick in to vtec. It was weird. Couple guys looked at it that where big into their honda tunning and they said it was the injectors, cant remember these where change, but they solved the issue in the day. It had been to honda 4 times to try and sort the issue out and four times they failed, had it for days saying it was this and that, it went to few lads in a run down garage who just messed with hondas, tunning etc and they had it sorted in the day.
The VTi?

That was an epic car, I had an R reg one in black. I sort of regret selling it although it's grandad Rover shell with the engine was just a weird combination!

Registered
It's only if you mash the throttle at low revs around 3k or lower, and it's only for a fraction of a second, at VTEC it's fine, weird but runs fine. Maybe the k&n panel sucks in too much air and it's bogs for a split second.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The VTi?

That was an epic car, I had an R reg one in black. I sort of regret selling it although it's grandad Rover shell with the engine was just a weird combination!
Yes, pearlesent green, full leather interior, 146,000 miles on it. Lowered, full stainless, japspees 4-2 -1 manifold, vtis kit, loved that car then got wrote of by some stupid cow on her mobile phone while driving, hem mb6 on old civic5 forum

Registered
Yes, pearlesent green, full leather interior, 146,000 miles on it. Lowered, full stainless, japspees 4-2 -1 manifold, vtis kit, loved that car then got wrote of by some stupid cow on her mobile phone while driving, hem mb6 on old civic5 forum
I had an eBay 4-2-1 manifold, possibly a copy of a more expensive job but it was good. Sad yours got killed, I sold mine for a mk1 Skoda vRS which was actually a bit $hit, very dull!

I think the manifold really opened up the car as they were fairly meh standard...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had an eBay 4-2-1 manifold, possibly a copy of a more expensive job but it was good. Sad yours got killed, I sold mine for a mk1 Skoda vRS which was actually a bit $hit, very dull!

I think the manifold really opened up the car as they were fairly meh standard...
167bhp standard, yeh the manifold helped with the mid range power, wolf in sheeps clothing, it did shock a few cars when they thought it was a rover lol.鈽

Registered
They were very subtle in non VTi-S form. Almost nothing distinguishing them from the regular Civics unless you looked at the redline inside the car. Even the interior was rubbish 1990's puke pattern velour :ROFLMAO:

Wonder how much they made with the manifold? I had a sports car and stainless exhaust from a local home brew exhaust company too.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I still have a intergra rocker cover that I was in the process of cleaning and painting red to be fitted instead of the nasty blk one which was standard. I actually only just gave away the vtis kit I removed when it got it wrote off and a rear mg zs rear spoiler that was going to be fitted. These where given away free last year. Nobody would buy them, but amazing how many people wanted it when it was free to a good home. Rocker cover was not given away. I still have that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
if you are undecided about CAI then get an HKS panel filter, same material as RSK but in a drop in filter and only costs 拢35 or so.
can be washed out when it gets dirty too.
which is your panel filter?

Super Moderator

Registered
Fairly sure performance panel filters aren't.

As in just change your paper one often and it'll perform as well.

Super Moderator
Fairly sure performance panel filters aren't.

As in just change your paper one often and it'll perform as well.
my FN2 tested @ 215HP with the HKS filter and no other goodies so ................?

Registered
Have read some suggestions that the FN2 K20 makes a little more than the 201 bhp quoted as standard...

Also panel filter or the shroom like one?

Registered
I'm more inclined to believe your engine is just a strong example unless you've tested OEM and HKS back to back, if which case that's a pretty startling gain from just a filter.

Premium Member
2009 FN2 Type R
I have had a couple of these, I will say straight off after having it on one car that was not mapped, there is a flat spot that I noticed on my first drive, once I got remapped it was gone. It does sound great on vtech and hardly noticeable driving normally, Have not noticed heat soak, but I don't spend any length of time in traffic. My previous car was 227 with just the hks and 3" exhaust running vpower. There are better out there for gains, but what also did it for me, is that because it is in the engine bay and not fed front lower down, I wont be sucking water in and getting hydro lock as where I live is prone to flash flooding.

Registered
I've had that HKS kit & now the injen CAI both mapped

CAI is the way forward, no heatsoak, great sound but not over intrusive unlike the HKS which I find started grinding on me.

But really as been said you want the car mapped to get the best out of everything. But that's the costly option as a min you deff want a catback but more importantly the 421 Mani

Mine absolutely flies no flatspots that manifold totally transformed the car

@Negativvv did you have a Skoda fabia vrs diesel, that was one of the best cars I ever owned 290lb of torque @1900rpm I really miss

Registered
@Negativvv did you have a Skoda fabia vrs diesel, that was one of the best cars I ever owned 290lb of torque @1900rpm I really miss
I had the MK1 Octavia vRS that began it all. I might have loved the car now but back then it was too refined and too boring!! I would take it now....

21 - 40 of 43 Posts