172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for a catback system and I don't know which to choose from,
HKS Legamax or Milltek or Invidia!?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
HKS is a horrible fit, its near impossible to get it rattle free, unless you cut the tailpipes back.

I spoke to HKS UK about this and they didnt seem to care, so I wouldnt get the HKS if I was you!

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Milltek fits very nicely but drones at certain revs, which makes it very annoying on long journeys. At 3500-4000 its very boomy. However at 4900 at about 145-150kph its completely silent!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Milltek fits very nicely but drones at certain revs, which makes it very annoying on long journeys. At 3500-4000 its very boomy. However at 4900 at about 145-150kph its completely silent!
Is this the loud or the silent version!?

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
There is no loud and silent version if your referring tondiscreet and non discreet this was referring to the pipes coming out if the triangles or not, the non discreet is no longer produced, miltek is a good kit, nice sounds and similar gains to HKS at near half the price, I have one very happy with it

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
I have the Miltek, I like it a lot. Maybe a little bit noisy through town pulling from junctions etc, turns a few heads. Also I can hear it clearly if I let if tick over outside the house whilst I'm inside. Still, Sounds awesome esp in the Vtec. Does drone on the motorway but that doesn't bother me too much.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
There is no loud and silent version if your referring tondiscreet and non discreet this was referring to the pipes coming out if the triangles or not, the non discreet is no longer produced, miltek is a good kit, nice sounds and similar gains to HKS at near half the price, I have one very happy with it
yup, there are 2 versions. Res and non res. Go for the loud one :) still puts a smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
From what I know, Im pretty sure there is no resonated version offered anymore. If you are not concerned about motorway journeys and long distance trips I also recommend the Milltek :)

Didnt give me any power on the dyno, but the engine revs easier and a little faster.

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Mine became quite above 160kph - 6th gear over 5500 rpm - just after VTEC

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't find the Milltek drony on the motorway. It does a bit when slogging up a long hill when the engine is under load but on the flat or downhill it's just fine.

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
Go to youtube and search for each one. This one which sound you like best - take it.

+1

I very nearly bought Mungall's milltek (still for sale!) then I did the youtube listen test, now I understand half these are recorded on phones and bear little resembalance to the real notes, but after extensive listening. I decided the blueflame option was the one for me It sounded the burbleiest.

This vid was the clincher.

Amazingly another member about 30 miles away was selling one for peanuts. Civinfo I don't know weather to love or hate you. Been a member for two months and i've spent close to a grand on mods "I was never going to buy"

·
Professional Cynic
221 Posts
In fact there is no doubt that bully has much love for the civinfo. Hondata ecu, blueflame cat back and HKS RSK all for £710 from members of this fine forum.

Im off to clean my brown nose now.

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
HKS is a horrible fit, its near impossible to get it rattle free, unless you cut the tailpipes back.

I spoke to HKS UK about this and they didnt seem to care, so I wouldnt get the HKS if I was you!
R555 your wrong about that mate. Mine don't rattle at all thanks to Neil at TDI norths little mod. Dead easy

1 - 20 of 49 Posts