2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Can I have a price for supply (shaun said to supply it was £280) and fitting of HKS Racing Suction Kit to my 2007 FN2, would I need any tweeks to my existing custom map done my Sam @ TDI South? if so what price?

Also don't suppose you have any dyno graphs of a stock FN2 before and after the HKS RSK?

I love the sound, but just concerned about it drawing air from inside the engine bay, is that anything I should be concerned by? I know with the stock exhaust I wont see the main gains (if any).

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
You lasted little more than 24 hours before asking them for it!! :facepalm:

I should have taken you out in it first so you could have had it fitted on the day...

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You lasted little more than 24 hours before asking them for it!! :facepalm:

I should have taken you out in it first so you could have had it fitted on the day...
I wish you had! Would have saved me money on tweeking my map. I can't get over the noise!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J_H and DEZIBOY, I feel like a kid in the candy store.

(Thanks for the pics J_H I'll send yours tomorrow).

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I have one here but it's not a stock vs intake tuned, just before and after tuning. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/torque-developments-international-north-south/39876-dyno-plots.html
As a guide we normally make about 175-180 at wheels which pretty much ties in with Souths slightly higher hub numbers on stock cars. ;)

If your standing still for a long time heat will buildup at the intake but when your moving the intake temps will drop significantly.
Position is right at back of engine bay, it still retains the OEM airfeed, plus if you look under the car in the undertray there are scoops that divert air into the engine compartment. This has been thought about ;)

Best solution is Mugen with scoop but for the money this is a good option :)

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
Hello,

Can I have a price for supply (shaun said to supply it was £280) and fitting of HKS Racing Suction Kit to my 2007 FN2, would I need any tweeks to my existing custom map done my Sam @ TDI South? if so what price?

Also don't suppose you have any dyno graphs of a stock FN2 before and after the HKS RSK?

I love the sound, but just concerned about it drawing air from inside the engine bay, is that anything I should be concerned by? I know with the stock exhaust I wont see the main gains (if any).
PM'd :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dam you J_H! Why did you show it to me! I've just ordered it, getting fitted Wednesday. They are going to change the AFR on my custom map also for it.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I might pop along as well, depending on what the dealer says the fault is with the sensors tomorrow. May ask them if I can stick mine on the dyno too! :D

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might pop along as well, depending on what the dealer says the fault is with the sensors tomorrow. May ask them if I can stick mine on the dyno too! :D
I'll be there from 9am til about 12pm my wife will moan like there's no tomorrow. I cant remember with easy throttle below 4000rpm can you hear it? I never go above 4000rpm with her in the car.

·
i-VTEC - DO YOU?
3,111 Posts
I'll be there from 9am til about 12pm my wife will moan like there's no tomorrow. I cant remember with easy throttle below 4000rpm can you hear it? I never go above 4000rpm with her in the car.
I'll have to wait, I probably can't make it as I expect I'll have a meeting scheduled too soon for me to get there and back. You can hear it if you floor it from low RPM, it's a deep low growl - compared to the scream you get in VTEC.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to wait, I probably can't make it as I expect I'll have a meeting scheduled too soon for me to get there and back. You can hear it if you floor it from low RPM, it's a deep low growl - compared to the scream you get in VTEC.
Can't wait, yours sounded like sex in vtec.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Paul just wanted to check, Tdi are going to tweek my custom map by just changing the AFR on my map, is that as good as if the HKS had been on my car when the custom map was done on saturday?

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
Mine with the Group N map before Paul mapped it properly. (If you don't get a picture, click to put it up to 480p)

This will keep you going until Wednesday! :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine with the Group N map before Paul mapped it properly. (If you don't get a picture, click to put it up to 480p)

This will keep you going until Wednesday! :)

YouTube - FN2 HKS RSK Demo
i already saw this, this morning! sold me on it to be honest

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought it was the test drive on Sat that sold you!
well yours got me 80% there 15% was Paul and the final 5% was that vid this morning.

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Paul just wanted to check, Tdi are going to tweek my custom map by just changing the AFR on my map, is that as good as if the HKS had been on my car when the custom map was done on saturday?
Mark @South has answered my question

1 - 18 of 18 Posts