2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

im new here so im needing a little advice,looking at buying the HKS RSK as it seems to be the best you can buy for the fn2 as far as price and gains go, but i have seen the kit installed on other cars mazda's etc... and i have noticed that the kits are normally facing the front or situated where they get airflow, yet with the FN2 it sits facing the back of the engine?

can anyone explain how this can possibly work?

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
It works as even though its not getting a direct cold air feed it can take more air in due to the big filter on it and therefore can help produce more power.

Loxy has ran a cold air feed to his and installed a heat shield made by tdi to try and keep the temperatures down

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i can see the filter will be able to suck in more air but how will it actually suck in more air if none is getting to it? i think loxy has the right idea defo need to somehow increase the airflow that gets to it in order to optomise

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
yeah i can see the filter will be able to suck in more air but how will it actually suck in more air if none is getting to it? i think loxy has the right idea defo need to somehow increase the airflow that gets to it in order to optomise
Air will always get into the engine bay so it will always be able to get air in but it might not be the coldest it can be

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
You get a cold air feed from the original pipework from the stock filter which points to the filter

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
You get a cold air feed from the original pipework from the stock filter which points to the filter
You will get very little from that if any tbh. It draws air in from the wing and then goes through a resonator box so unless there is something sealed to the end of it creating suction I doubt you will get anything from it

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Best combination of the two IMO is Gruppe M mate ;)

HKS performs well on the dyno with the hood up but on the road gains are better from the closed boxes however you get far less noise from them :( maybe HKS/heat shield and better cold air feed (scoop from front fog) would be a good combination

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah gruppe m is a shout but I've heard they're a nightmare to fit cos u have to customise the feed from the bonnet and 9/10 u damage the paint work doing so,if that's true then i ain't interested I want hassle free like everyone haha, I want a beasting noise and slight gain on the road and for it to look the **** ,(damn mugen for they're stupidly priced air box or it'd be mine )

·
Aye Aye....
7,104 Posts
Yeah gruppe m is a shout but I've heard they're a nightmare to fit cos u have to customise the feed from the bonnet and 9/10 u damage the paint work doing so,if that's true then i ain't interested I want hassle free like everyone haha, I want a beasting noise and slight gain on the road and for it to look the **** ,(damn mugen for they're stupidly priced air box or it'd be mine )
LOL! Who told you that? I ran with the Gruppe M for ages, good bit f kit, only thing you need to do is remove the sound deadening from under the bonnet and the weather strip at the front of the bonnet and that's it mate :)

Get the tegiwa intake if your really wanting the Mugen same thing, 1/3 of the price ;) if your ever thru in Glasgow mate give me a shout and you can see my set up ;)

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well what's the gruppe m upsides? Not read that much into them, aye ok mate if I'm through Glasgow on Al try get in touch with u to see the kit you've installed,

Right so tegiwa,hks rsk ,or gruppe m

I'm gonna do process of elimination in these,

Price?

Gains?

Bad points?

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok so I had a look at a gd few of them liking the carbon tegiwa kit and still hks rsk,

Anyone know of approx bhp gains of hks rsk? Before and after flash pro

Muchos gracias

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
Go for Tegiwa mate, better gains than the hks, bit more expensive but worth it, for gains that's where it's at :)
Why would one of these give any better gains than the custom mod in the link?

·
Aaaaa...V-tech
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No sure fella ,I checked the link that u sent which was defo worth a look but a mean the guys had to move his horn and all sorts to do that I want hassle free or as close to it as possible the amount of money I'd save on that kit I'd prob end up having to pay someone to fix my car after I'd dismantled it to bits and a don't want that ,simple old kit out new kit in boom!....

·
Premium Member
929 Posts
FN2 Dyno Results:
- STANDARD CAR - 212bhp 153ft/lbs
- TEGIWA AIRBOX UNTUNED - 218bhp 156ft/lbs (same as home made)
- TEGIWA AIRBOX & HEADER UNTUNED - 223BHP 162FT/LBS
- ABOVE + TDI NORTH TUNED HONDATA FLASHPRO - 223.8BHP 168.7FT/LBS

Reactions: Kaney*Mugen
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.