2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

I just got HKS premium reloaded and HKS catback system installed and it works just fine and gives an awesome sound on higher revvs. Got one little issue with the system though. When i´ve been driving for a while and the car is in idle i got some short rattling sounds now and then. Just wondering if anyone out there with same system have had similar problems and how it was solved.

P.s. Sorry for my bad English. :)

Cheers from Sweden.

·
Shake & Bake!
1,472 Posts
Friend had the same problem with the exhaust rattling due to the surround when the exhaust got hot. Think he used bushes as previously reccomended

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
probably talking about harder polyurathane bushes i.e powerflex bushes i used them on my old car they are brilliant they are much harder than the standard bushes and last alot longer,dont get soft therfore eliminating,or minimising movement which in turn should stop the rattling ;)
Powerflex

·
aka Colin
10,854 Posts
probably talking about harder polyurathane bushes i.e powerflex bushes i used them on my old car they are brilliant they are much harder than the standard bushes and last alot longer,dont get soft therfore eliminating,or minimising movement which in turn should stop hte rattling ;)
Powerflex
thats brilliant mate...one more question please, do you or anyone know which ones to order?

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
cant help you there i am afraid as i have not changed mine yet,best thing to do is have a look at the mountings under the car or take it to an exhaust place or honda dealer and ask them to write down what size/shape mounts you need..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts