2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HKS REPLACEMENT RACING SUCTION KIT ELEMENTS AVALIABLE FROM SUMO CUSTOMISE YOUR RSK TO MATCH YOUR ENGINE BAY WITH THESE REPLACEMENT ELEMENTS AVALIABLE IN THE FOLLOWING COLOURS ;-

RED
PURPLE
YELLOW
GREEN

£22.99 INC VAT AND FREE UK DELIVERY - ITS ALSO A GOOD IDEA TO CHANGE THESE AT REGULAR INTERVALS TO KEEP YOUR KIT WORKING AS EFFICIENT AS IT SHOULD BE :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Do you have any pictures? I'd be interested in Red

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys..tried to get the pic on last night and my laptop crashed :) HKS tend to stick with the staple colours (green/yellow) and depending on popularity will bring in limited edition colours..Red's been around for the last 2 years so hopefully they'll carry on bringing it in ;)

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Cheers guys..tried to get the pic on last night and my laptop crashed :) HKS tend to stick with the staple colours (green/yellow) and depending on popularity will bring in limited edition colours..Red's been around for the last 2 years so hopefully they'll carry on bringing it in ;)
Hi,

So if I order a coupe of red filters now incase they ever stop them is there anything in the foam that will deteriorate with age? eg chemicals.

Also are the filters made by HKS?

Thanks.

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they are made by HKS - They should be fine to keep within reason , the red's are the 2 layer 'wet' version which are oiled so over a long time they will dry out eventually. They are in sealed packaging too

Hi,

So if I order a coupe of red filters now incase they ever stop them is there anything in the foam that will deteriorate with age? eg chemicals.

Also are the filters made by HKS?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Yes they are made by HKS - They should be fine to keep within reason , the red's are the 2 layer 'wet' version which are oiled so over a long time they will dry out eventually. They are in sealed packaging too
So is that the same as the yellow filter that comes with the kit?

Within reason you say, so ideally I should buy them as and when I need them?

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup - Its only the green filters which are the 3 layer dry version - I'd just buy it as and when you need it , I keep a stash for mine as I change it quite frequently.. I drive 110 miles to work and back per day and Live on a dusty un-made road so I tend to batter mine more than your average :(

So is that the same as the yellow filter that comes with the kit?

Within reason you say, so ideally I should buy them as and when I need them?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
You can still buy some and as long as they stay sealed in the plastic they shouldn't dry out. Even if they do I'm sure the stuff that pipercross sell to re-oil there filters would be the same/similar.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Yup - Its only the green filters which are the 3 layer dry version - I'd just buy it as and when you need it , I keep a stash for mine as I change it quite frequently.. I drive 110 miles to work and back per day and Live on a dusty un-made road so I tend to batter mine more than your average :(
So if im being thick:

So yellow and green is two layer dry and red is three layer wet.

What are the performance implications of the different types? Am I correct to assume the three layer wet filter will make it harder for air to get in? So therefore the two layer dry is better for performance but offers less protection?

·
Sponsor
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Green is 3 layer dry - Red /Yellow/Purple are 2 layer wet

The 3 layer dry gives slightly better filration but less airflow and HKS use in the Super Power Flow Induction kits

2 layer wet is used in the RSK's as it gives greater airflow performance , the oil is to compensate for the lack of the extra layer

Hope that makes sense

So if im being thick:

So yellow and green is two layer dry and red is three layer wet.

What are the performance implications of the different types? Am I correct to assume the three layer wet filter will make it harder for air to get in? So therefore the two layer dry is better for performance but offers less protection?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Green is 3 layer dry - Red /Yellow/Purple are 2 layer wet

The 3 layer dry gives slightly better filration but less airflow and HKS use in the Super Power Flow Induction kits

2 layer wet is used in the RSK's as it gives greater airflow performance , the oil is to compensate for the lack of the extra layer

Hope that makes sense
Ah ok so red is the same as my yellow one now. Ill get a red one when I've done the 5k miles on the current filter, and hopefully red is still around

1 - 20 of 70 Posts