2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've had no luck finding a thread on this, but I recently fitted the HKS RSK to my FN2. I noticed that the main induction pipe comes into contact with one of the large coolant hoses under it.

I have tried twisting the induction kit round to leave some space between the two but have had no luck. I was wondering if other people had a similar problem and is there any way to keep a clear gap between the two.

I can only assume that direct contact would be detrimental to the performance of the intake as it would make intake temps higher, or is this a neglible effect?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hmmm odd, mine doesnt touch.

Its probably a couple of inches above it.

In terms of temperature it probably wouldnt make much difference tho as the temp from the car engine will heat the induction pipe on all induction kits anyways as its attached to the inlet manifold and throttle body.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found these photos off Loxy's guide on fitting it, I've highlighted the hose in question, it does look very close on his photos:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I've found these photos off Loxy's guide on fitting it, I've highlighted the hose in question, it does look very close on his photos:
Thats correct... I shouldn't be touching but it is very close, just about fit your fingers through.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
No doesn't touch on mine. Have the put the bracket at the filter end of the hose in the right place according to the instructions? (Instructions are scanned and I put them later in the how-to.)

The throttle body and the bracket hold it away from the hose.

Do you have a standard inlet manifold and TB?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, yup my mani and TB are stock.

The bracket is in the right place but looking at my coolant hose I think it arches up a little in the middle which may be part of the reason why its touching. I'm going to have another play with it tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mines is the same :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got the CPL CAI and it also touches :/ but to be honest... I think that at the rate the air goes into the engine, it's un-affected???

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just checked mine again and it is very close, probably only a few mm away, so its probably likely that it will touch on some setups.

I think all induction kits will do the same tho tbh as they will all pass this hose to the TB.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a go positioning it yesterday, managed to get it to hover 1-2mm above the oolant hose but I think when it vibrates when the engine on there must be some contact. I was thinking of using some gaffer tape to pull down the coolant hose a little bit further away....give that pipe must get quite hot, would it be a good idea?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts