2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Quick question: I am gonna get the above fitted tomorrow. Will they be okay for driving on a optimized stock calibration? Thinking will it be alright going in vtec with RRC on stock calibration?

Thanks in advance.

Getting complete exhaust and j35 tb fitted some time next week and then start to data log for my etune.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Because I am running out of time for the dyno meet I am attending on the 23 of september. Should have had the J35 tb fitted tomorrow also but the delivery from the vendor got screwed up:(
Not easy to set up dates with my mechanic and need to do a lot of data logs to send to the etuner so he can make the right changes and perfect the calibration. Therefore I have to exploit the time I got and make use of the dates with my mechanic. Will now be using a different guy for the exhaust and tb fitment due to delayed shipping.
But it is all good I am determined to get it done in time for the dyno:D

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Your HKS RSK will be fine on the stock cal. I and Vit found a lot more work was needed to retune the car than we expected when I got a ported RRC intake manifold fitted.

Ask Vit and quote me on the above to jog his memory. But from my experience of when I did it I would fit it when you get the the cal done

EDIT: just seen the time frame your talking about between fitting the RRC and getting a cal done, that will be fine IMO

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Let us know how you get on. I'm interested in the J35. Tdi north have had a couple that wouldn't work recently. I have one waiting to go on. I know Stoneys work fine from another thread.

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
I dunno why they didnt work, unless they messed up with the fitting of the port but a numpty ( me ) managed it.

TB is not much bigger over stock and shouldnt/didnt affect things much.

Mine has been faultless and a few members have driven it and reported nothing

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RRC and HKS RSK with heatshield fitted today:D

Here is a few pics:

The sound is more than epic more god like:D:D This is just with rrc and intake so imagine what it will sound like with bigger TB and complete exhaust:D

A few notes. I am not that impressed with the fitment of the HKS intake and we needed to bend the heatshield a little. After some fiddeling and modification the intake sits really well and there is a lot of clearance for the intake filterhousing. But not out of the box fitment sorry guys[smilie=meh.gif]

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ehh one quick question guys:D Do I need to worry? The engine bay is very varm after installing the RRC and the HKS RSK and a spirited drive. I guess this is due to needing a remap?
Maybe I shouldn´t Vtec untill I get the other parts fitted and remapped?
But d... the sound is epic with the HSK and RRC:cool:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
The HKS will sit at a funny angle as its designed for the stock inlet mani, the RRC sits at a bit of an angle compared to the stock RSP one, dont worry :)

The engine bay shouldn't be any warmer unless it's running mega lean which it shouldn't be, have you flashpro, post up a wide open throttle pull and 5 mins of mixed driving and am sure one of us will be able to take a look :)

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The HKS will sit at a funny angle as its designed for the stock inlet mani, the RRC sits at a bit of an angle compared to the stock RSP one, dont worry :)

The engine bay shouldn't be any warmer unless it's running mega lean which it shouldn't be, have you flashpro, post up a wide open throttle pull and 5 mins of mixed driving and am sure one of us will be able to take a look :)
Thanks:) Will see if I can get around to it or else I just need not to vtec untill all parts are installed:)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Not so much VTEC, stay off wide open throttle, on part throttle the ECU will do its job and adapt in fuel changes to approximately Stoich.

Fuelling is set at WOT and can potentially run lean, just behave until your tune starts pal

1 - 20 of 32 Posts