2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Has anyone gone from a HKS RSK to the Mugen intake with fog cover?

If so do you have comparision dynos, I'm trying to find out what sort of power gains would be seen if I change my HKS RSK to Mugen.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
something to consider, if your going for a charger, they surgest you have a hard pipe inbetween the charger and the filter, the suction of the charger can inplode the ome rubber piping.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
something to consider, if your going for a charger, they surgest you have a hard pipe inbetween the charger and the filter, the suction of the charger can inplode the ome rubber piping.
Didnt know that!

I heard metal pipe needs to be made bigger if I go with a bigger TB?

·
Mugenised C/W
936 Posts
Hello all,

Has anyone gone from a HKS RSK to the Mugen intake with fog cover?

If so do you have comparision dynos, I'm trying to find out what sort of power gains would be seen if I change my HKS RSK to Mugen.

Thanks in advance.
I have gone from CPL CAI to Mugen with garnishes,certainly drives much better.Will find out on the 7th of May if it works better or not.

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
Thing I'd say Ash is, is it going to be approx £800 better?

I usually work on £100 per bhp in my head as a rough guide. If you get more than that on a mod, then great. Will you get 8bhp with the Mugen intake over the HKS? Doubtful.

If you want to eliminate heatsoak however (I've not noticed this on the road with my car, but maybe it's because it's grim up North! :lol:) then yes, go for the Mugen.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Basically its this or rrc manifold with bigger tb.

Was stuck traffic yesterday and temps soared! felt sluggish also

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I think the mapping can smooth out the flatspots. Heatsoak would be a physical problem; not entirely sure you can map it out. I'm sure someone who knows what they're about will be along to confirm or correct.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I think the mapping can smooth out the flatspots. Heatsoak would be a physical problem; not entirely sure you can map it out. I'm sure someone who knows what they're about will be along to confirm or correct.
High intake temperatures reduces the density of oxygen in the intake charge which in turn reduces engine output.

There are ignition and air/fuel ratio compensations for intake temperature but the performance is still impugned. You may have noticed that your engine performance better on a cold and damp morning? This is due to the increased charge density.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
High intake temperatures reduces the density of oxygen in the intake charge which in turn reduces engine output.

There are ignition and air/fuel ratio compensations for intake temperature but the performance is still impugned. You may have noticed that your engine performance better on a cold and damp morning? This is due to the increased charge density.
So you think there will be a significant increase in performance?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
^ +1

Would go for RRC and bigger TB first and if you're happy with those gains no need to change intake

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
I suppose if you go for all three you would save on another custom tune at a later date for the Mugen :D

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
翻訳中に失わ
842 Posts
Sounds like a plan :cool: I think the intake garnishes look great as well as an added bonus, especially with a GP or Mugen front splitter

1 - 20 of 52 Posts