2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I recently got HKS RSK and have dyno graphs of before and after (at hubs). My FN2 is mapped, the before dyno graph was taken on saturday after it was mapped the after dyno graph (4 days later) was taken after the HKS RSK was fitted and car was remapped.

I have come to my conclusion about the kit, what do you all think?

By the way it sounds awesome! I'll upload a vid/ later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Not sure what to make of that really.

Paul at TDi-North has posted his experiences in the dyno graphs thread.

1. This car came to me with an HKS intake installed. I had already tested these on my car and saw an 8bhp gain over standard but I don't have any before runs with this to show. This plot shows the HKS intake on its own, then again after I have tuned it with the Flashpro.

View attachment 35785
I'm making around 12bhp at the fly above what a stock FN2 does on the North rollers (which is normally 208bhp) with the HKS, Magnex cat back and Flashpro. :confused:

At least the intake temps aren't as silly as some people have suggested! :p

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what to make of that really.

Paul at TDi-North has posted his experiences in the dyno graphs thread.

I'm making around 12bhp at the fly above what a stock FN2 does on the North rollers (which is normally 208bhp) with the HKS, Magnex cat back and Flashpro. :confused:

At least the intake temps aren't as silly as some people have suggested! :p
What I make of it is there is no real gain or loss. But its not a fair test seeing as its a different day, different temp, different pressure, etc.

Hopefully [email protected] can share his opinion on my dyno statistics.:popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm not 100% sure. Sam spent just over an hour with it on the dyno if thats any indication?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It wasnt a full tune after the HKS.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Our dyno is corrected for atmosherics (we use the DIN standard but can select any other internationally regognised standard) so it doesn't matter what day, week, month or year the test is conducted on (including temperature and humidity); the results are always corrected and accurate. Also, deleting the wheels from the equation removes the variables relating to tyre temperatures and pressures, and geometry etc :)

This test confirms that installing an RSK onto an FN2 with a standard exhaust system has a limited benefit in terms of performance.

The normal tuning path is to improve the exhaust breathing first, then move on from there.

Hope this helps :)

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks Mark, exhaust is in about 6 months.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The normal tuning path is to improve the exhaust breathing first, then move on from there.
What exhaust you recommend? Need good value for money

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Ash, there are a few brands available but the only ones that we endorse (in order of expense) are HKS, Toda and Mugen. HKS being the cheapest.

Hope this helps :)
Following on from Paul's posted tests of different tuning parts at TDI he found the HKS to make very little over the Milltek yet costing £300 ish extra..

Your view on Milltek??

Personally I found the Milltek was worth the £450 I paid, I dont think I would have said the same if I had spent £800 on the HKS for 1bhp extra.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Following on from Paul's posted tests of different tuning parts at TDI he found the HKS to make very little over the Milltek yet costing £300 ish extra..

Your view on Milltek??

Personally I found the Milltek was worth the £450 I paid, I dont think I would have said the same if I had spent £800 on the HKS for 1bhp extra.
Agree, The Milltek and RSK is deemed the best sounding combination. The gain difference between Milltek and HKS are minimal.

Im happy with the Milltek and wouldnt do anything different if I had to start again.

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Isnt the milltek really loud?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

Your view on Milltek??

Personally I found the Milltek was worth the £450 I paid,
They probably are worth the £450 ;)

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Isnt the milltek really loud?
In vtec probably just louder than the HKS but it gives an allround racing sound. If driving through rural areas at night you can keep the noise down =)

Idle you can barely hear the difference.

·
Registered
997 Posts
After month reading crazy things about HKS RSK intake... Finally here is the truth about SAI and K20. Thank you!!!
PS: invidia exhaust is cheap, very good quality and 100% road legal (not as HKS, miltek, toda, mugen...) ;) .

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
After month reading crazy things about HKS RSK intake... Finally here is the truth about SAI and K20. Thank you!!!
PS: invidia exhaust is cheap, very good quality and 100% road legal (not as HKS, miltek, toda, mugen...) ;) .
whats the truth then?

·
Premium Member
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots of Milltek fans then! TDI don't sell it however

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do not spend your money for exhaust. If you want real gains especially in the mid range replace the manifold and keep the OEM exhaust.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts