2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people! I picked my hks rsk up today and firstly what a sound! Unreal. Food bye fuel!

Anyhow, iv already noticed that every now n again when driving a little more spiritedly in 1st and 2nd the warning light near the VSA indicator flashes on...is this just traction control or something else??

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Hi people! I picked my hks rsk up today and firstly what a sound! Unreal. Food bye fuel!

Anyhow, iv already noticed that every now n again when driving a little more spiritedly in 1st and 2nd the warning light near the VSA indicator flashes on...is this just traction control or something else??
Yes sounds normal, nothing to do with HKS RSK

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought it was normal, she's not driving dodgy or anything and everything seems tiptop but thought I'd check with people to be safe :)
Oh and while iv got you here ash, seen as u seem to know your stuff pretty well lol, is it worth getting camber bolts if I get the eibach 30mm? What they do/difference do they make?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
VSA light flashes when the VSA is active have you been giving her a good run around? normally cuts in when the front wheels begin to spin (well for most people anyway)

LLO7 I've just had Tein springs camber bolts n shims plus a FRS at TDI south I can absolutely say its worth every penny! cornering in this car now is F***ing EPIC! I had to swear its that good!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it's the triangular warning light! And in 1st gear vtec down my mates mile long driveway...the sound is just epic!

Yeah I'm def getting the springs I just want to know what the camber bolts actually do? I'm not really a whiz on mechanics ATM lol but I'm learning :)

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Thought it was normal, she's not driving dodgy or anything and everything seems tiptop but thought I'd check with people to be safe :)
Oh and while iv got you here ash, seen as u seem to know your stuff pretty well lol, is it worth getting camber bolts if I get the eibach 30mm? What they do/difference do they make?
I imagine your driving the car harder since getting the HKS RSK hence why you now see the VSA light. I tend to keep mine off as it interferes with my LSD.

Camber bolts are for securing the camber of your wheels, as standard the wheels on our FN2 do not have adjustable camber. These bolts allow for the camber to be adjusted. These are normally used in FRS setups to introduce negative camber.

Also in FRS they will adjust your toe, for the rears your need shims as the rears arent adjustable at all as standard.

The result of this will make your car handle a lot better, less understeer etc. The car will feel really good round corners.

The only negative about FRS is the negative camber does tend to cause the inside of your tyres to wear out quicker than the rest of the tyre.

If you do decide to get FRS some lowering springs will also be good. Its also best to get these before FRS as changing springs after FRS is done will result in you needing to get your FRS redone. If possible get you springs on for a few weeks before FRS so it gives the springs time "relax".

Different suppliers will have different FRS settings, TDI, ABP, CPL can install these parts for you and set up the FRS.

TDI South will do you a free allignment check.

If you want to fit the parts yourself some companies will give you the settings if you buy the parts from them.

ABP infact posted their FRS settings a while back:

Front toe: 1mm toe out overall
Front camber: 1 degree negative each side

Rear toe: 2mm toe in overall
Rear camber: 1 degree negative each side

I reccomend TDI South:

Torque Developments International | Experts in Performance Tuning and Racing

Yes its worth it, a very good mod. The tolerances for camber and toe at swindon are quite big some FN2s have quite bad geomatry, cost cutting by HUK I think. To show you how important it is to the handling, TDI South adjusted my toe by a couple of minutes (a small amount) a week or two back, I noticed the difference straight away!

Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
As Ash says he is right on all above counts :)

I'd also recommend TDI South's FRS. I noticed the difference in the first corner I made. it is a shocking difference in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
As above. I've had mine done and the difference is night and day. Really happy with the results but disappointed at Honda for not setting it up like this in the first place!

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
As above. I've had mine done and the difference is night and day. Really happy with the results but disappointed at Honda for not setting it up like this in the first place!
I feel for CRZ owners, the rears are not adjustable at all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts