2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have recently purchased one of these second hand but it hasn't come with the bracket and bolts etc for the supporting bracket for the original cold air feed.

Do you know if I could get the parts needed direct from HKS? Ive emailed them but have not yet heard anything.

Could do with knowing soon as I may need to return the kit if I cant find a solution. Any help would be great :eek:

Thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess so, cheers mate. Ive spoke to the seller and he says when he removed it he never noticed the support and says maybe the kit has been modified recently and that the support is new to the kit.

Do you think that is possible?

Cheers

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
HKS Europe Ltd
Units 4&5, Sawfield House
Alconbury Hill
Alconbury Weston
Huntingdonshire
Cambridgeshire
PE28 4JL
England
Tel: + 44 (0) 1480 431604
Fax: + 44 (0) 1480 454089
Enquiries: [email protected]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

Have been in contact with HKS today and they have confirmed the bracket should be with the kit.

Theyve got to see if they can be purchased separately from japan. Sounds like it could be expensive as our exchange rate is crap!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Thanks.

Have been in contact with HKS today and they have confirmed the bracket should be with the kit.

Theyve got to see if they can be purchased separately from japan. Sounds like it could be expensive as our exchange rate is crap!
I know what you mean and to be honest your not missing much. I think if you go to a metal fabricator they will mock something up for you very cheap. The holder you are talking about is an L shape metal frame. If I can I'll take a photo and post on here for you. Give you an idea to help mock something up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info Adam! Im missing the bit of pipe that goes on the end of the air feed as well. Hoping HKS come back to me with a decent price! If you could get any pics to help me that would be great. Cheers

·
Supercharged Blue Type R
2,399 Posts
I'd return it as it's not a "kit" as such. A kit needs to be all the items to install it, not a pipe, cone and a couple of silicone hoses. Get your money back, he mugged you of with the "he never noticed the support".

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
I dont have my bracket on... let me know if its too expensive from japen i could sell you mine Its not really needed just gotta wriggle it about until it doesnt rattle against anything.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for info. Think I will send it back as im a bit fussy about making sure everythings on etc. Unless anyone wantsit for say £170. This is everything I have + box. Cheers

30052011237[1].JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts