2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to here and was wondering if yous could share some of your civic wisdom with me :)

I'm looking to get a HKS super hybrid air filter for my type r but I'm unsure as to whether you can wash it and reuse it when it becomes dirty? Or do yu have to replace? Also if this air filter is crap what others would you recommend?

Cheers
Al

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Welcome Al, look forward to seeing pics of your car, sorry I cannot help you regarding the air filter, but if you look through the forum, I am sure you will find the answer, if not someone on here will help you, good luck. :D

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
It's a decent filter as a panel replacement. Not sure about washing. I've got a brand new one here I never used that I have been meaning to sell

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
hi and welcome matey, regarding the filter, i think they just get replaced rather than cleaned, the filter will get brittle after a while and there priced low so that there replaced rather than cleaned. i think thats how it is anyway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to meet you all guys.

It looks like a got a lot of catching up before my car starts to look as good as all of yours :p

I've not done anything to mine yet apart from wind deflectors and changed the interior lights to blue but other than that I'm welcome to some suggestions :-D

Thank you all for the advice! I think I might go for the k&n filter but just need to shop around to see where the cheapest place to get it is.

Blade what type of replacement filter are you looking to sell?

·
aka Colin
10,853 Posts
give caroline at sumopower a tinkle mate, she'll sort you out with the hks filter, if you dont get it from blade.

·
The Property Man
6,060 Posts
Its only £30 isnt it? why not just buy a new one when its dirty? just like a normal panel filter..you have to change it during servicing..

Hi by the way :)

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
The posts above are correct. It'll be a foam or gel impregnated foam filter. You can't clean them and just replace them when they are dirty.

I had the K&N one which you can clean.

Both about as good as each other, won't make any big performance gains though. Just personal preference which one you go for really.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I've got a brand new HKS super hybrid panel filter unused in the box. Just pm me a reasonable offer if you are interested!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts