2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these, I don't have a remap or flashpro as of yet ;) just wondering what the pros and cons or each system are ?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
HKS

easy install
good noise
easy to clean/replace filter

Some need mapped
Reports of heatsoak

CPL

Good noise but less in your face than HKS ( a pro for me personally)
Cold air feed

Some need mapped
Bit more work to change filter
You can't drive through 2 foot deep floods :D

Depends what your after fella, it won't hydrolock unless you deserve it, unfortunatley the MAFs in our cars are very senstive and the only way to be safe is to have a closed box set up :)

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the cpl give the same sort of feeling as when on a cold day engine seems livelier and more potent ? Bhp differences with the two ? I also do like a bit of noise :)

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Because the source of the CPLs air is low down it should always be lively, even more so on cold days.

Depends on supporting mods

both sound awesome

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
It disables the MAF so you don't have to recalibrate it for the flatspots.

Much easier to tune

·
Registered
684 Posts
Only really worth getting the HKS if your running it with a heatshield otherwise things will get pretty hot during the summer.

I had the HKS and it ran fine on stock map as the piping is the same shape and length as stock and is velocity stacked and doesnt mess with the MAF sensor in a big way. The CPL almost certainly will and I would run this only with a remap(and preferably a MAP based tune).

The CPL will give better gains however when done right, but the HKS is more flexible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts