2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a random topic. Anyone have any hobbies that others might consider "a bit anorak"?

Mine? I collect unusal and Rare watches.

Zeontech Solsuno, 1259 ;) , Sashin Diode, Ammon Proof which is unbrakable with a lifetime warrenty (the big leather cuff watch)....

Luminox 3402. US Airforce standard issue to qualified pilots of the F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter, model of the plane bought for me by a mate)...

A few more including a very nice Russian pilots watch (Poljot, at the front) and My X-metal/Carbonfibre Oakley timebomb (to expensive)....

2x Casio Camera watches (Colour & Monochrome). 2x Medionline watches (unopened), 1 of my 2 Panerai's etc...

Limited Edition Fossil Final Fantasy collection (and another Panerai, plus a few older watches that need a bit of restoring).....

Both "Cases" open. Only 1000 of each worldwide....

All these shelves are in 1 six foot cabinet. And I've added a few since (including a superb Oakley GMT in stealth black......

A black "Pimpin aint easy" (My silver one is on shelf 3)....

and pretty soon I'm gonna splash out on a Hamilton Ventura Chrono....

Stunning watch. :D

anyone else here have the watch bug?

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
Wow. Some money's worth there I guess.

My hobbies? Primarily music related. I do some freelance journalism (less so these days, too busy), and love writing about music.

Recently, I've joined the local cricket team, and obviously AV/gadgets are my thing.

Up to around 28 remotes for the living room now :)

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Love my gadgets (hence the new Civic) :)

I also ride a unicycle and go to various clubs.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Gadgets here also! Car, computers, a/v too!

I'm a keen fly fisherman and enjoy (is that the right word?) the gym!

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Gadgets.

iPod, Xbox, computers.
Music and movies.
And traveling.

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
Gadgets for me, all my friends and family....even my wife, have taken the micky for years, used to call me Inspector Gadget :lol: :lol: :lol: Guess Civic is latest and best.

CivPilot, like you collection, have a thing about watches too but no collection like that, really nice. How much would something like the F117 watch set someone back?

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers :D

the Luminox was around $300 or $400 i can't rightly remember :oops: .

Its a good watch to, 10yr battery, Luminox fluid in the hands and hour markers that glows for 25yrs without light source (radioactive), and of course, its an officially licenced product to the US Airforce. Heres what the back looks like......

You can get 3 types. The 3402 that I have with the steel strap (with integrated flight suit extender) or the 3401 & 3400, which have leather or Rubber straps.

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
erm... well pretty much all of'em at various times.

The medion line watches are not opened so obviously they don't get worn and a couple of the others are irreplaceable (rare) so they tend to be kept in the cabinet. But most of the others get worn.

Simply change my watch every other day, keep things fresh as it were :D

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Nice collection CivPilot, I have a watch thing too, although the collection is not the most extensive, my favorite is a Battle Of Britain Commerative watch, looks like the old Spitfire pilots watch, the back is glass with a Spitfire and Hurricane etched in it. Although I do enjoy my Omega Speedmaster, always looks good on the wrist. Tried to get photos, camera is rubbish, is all flash, need to get a small tripod, not got the steadiest hands.

Other hobbies.... I am a keen grasscutter, I mean Golfer, but spend most time in the undergrowth. Love gadgets, my nickname at work was Gadget boy, 'cos I wanted a car with all the toys, once they saw the sar they christened me Mr Ponce. Not sure which I prefer. :lol:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pottsy said:
CivPilot -

jme1978 was referring to the gag from CavOK...
DOH.. dully noted :oops: :D

reminds me of a post I saw on another forum regarding dating....

"I've been out with all types of Women but I've never gone out with an agrophobic"

:lol:

·
您看了
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thought I would drag this topic up from the depths rather than start a new one.

Was looking into buying reversing sensors** when I got distracted......

Its a Poljot "Sturmanskie Gagarin" limited edition Mechanical Chronograph. Limited to just 999 copies (like all proper Poljot's) and mine is number 143.
Has a lovely crystal back showing off the Cal. 31681 Pljot Mechanical movement....

Jump back on reset (ie, the hands move backwards to thier original position when you reset the Chrono rather than travelling clockwise all the way round the face)
Comes with a hand signed Certificate of calibration/number confirmation....

and is stunning in every way :)

Here is is with a couple of it's stable mates, the Luminox 3402 Stealth....

And its bigger brother the 44mm case Plojot Aviator.....

**Which I still might do, found a set of sensors that are totally hidden once fitted and work just as well as the "ugly wart through the bumper" type ;)

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
These days, watches are so accurate, you can spend £25 on a Sekonda,

and it keeps brilliant time. The trouble is, as you get older, the time goes

more quickly somehow. :cool:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts