2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in June I purchased my 09 Honda Civic Type R GT from Holdcroft Honda, Stoke, to replace my 57 Civic i-cdti. We viewed and purchased the car before it was ever officially advertised for sale so having seen it before it had been cleaned and valeted we felt we’d seen it as a true car.
Our sales rep, Vicky, was on holiday when we collected the car so we had to deal with Helen instead. This is where the problems began immediately we noticed that only two of the tyres had been replaced (we’d agreed on purchase that Holdcroft would replace all four). Then we noticed that the 2 alloys that had been refurbished were the wrong two.
Needless to say I wasn’t impressed but agreed to bring the car back later in the week to have the problems fixed, (we live over an hour away). Before leaving my girlfriend noticed a mark on the bonnet, we were informed that it was a stone chip that had been in filled in the wrong colour, I was given a touch up pen to fill it in myself!
Getting home we noticed that the service book hadn’t been stamped. When I returned to have the tyres replaced and the other two alloys refurbished I was told I hadn’t been booked in but that they’d manage to fit us in, we waited six hours for a job that I was told would take no more than 3, as an apology we were provided with a free tank of fuel.
A few weeks later I noticed the paint was peeling off the alloys on calling Holdcroft to tell them I was told I must have kerbed the alloys and to send them a photo, get the wheel re-furbished for a maximum of £30 send the receipt to Holdcroft and they would refund us the money within 28 days, well finding someone to replace paint on Rage alloys for less than £30 is not easy.

By August I noticed the brakes were sticking and then all of a sudden every time we braked the car would wobble! I decided not to drive it and got it booked in with our local dealer Startin Honda, Worcester. We were there for more than 5 hours and were informed that they would not be releasing the car to us to drive home unless we signed a disclaimer as it had become unsafe as the caliper had seized meaning the brakes could fail at any minute.
Worcester contacted Stoke for us and were appalled that they had no intention of paying for the caliper to be replaced, even though we had bought the car from them just 6 weeks earlier, it got to the point where Stoke quite simply refused to answer the phone to Worcester.
Within an hour Stoke were calling my partner telling her that they would replace the caliper if we drove it the hour to Stoke, they simply couldn’t understand that the car was not roadworthy and with a baby on the way there was no chance that car was being driven by us, if they wanted to do the work themselves they would have to collect it from Worcester.
2 days later and with Stoke still ignoring the phone calls from Worcester my partner rang herself and was told in no uncertain terms that there was not a problem with the car but as a ‘good will gesture’ they would pay to replace the caliper but not the discs and pads (I’d hardly call it a good will gesture and the warped discs and destroyed pads were a direct result of the caliper problem).

What Stoke didn’t tell us was that they had in fact only paid for the caliper to be overhauled and not replaced. It took a complaint to Honda UK about them to get the pads and discs replaced, and even then Honda UK had to pay as Holdcroft are still refusing to take any responsibility.

Sorry for the huge essay, just have had get down every point and problem with the service we’ve had from Holdcroft. Has anybody else ever had an issue with them?

Now after checking the roof it’s showing the signs of the rust issues by the seal! I daren’t take it anywhere near Stoke so will be going over to Worcester to get this looked at as it’s still under warranty.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I've also dealt with Holdcroft Honda, in all honesty didn't have a bad experience when buying the car, but I don't think I'll be dealing with them again.

The experience I've had of trying to get the rusty roof issue sorted has put me off the place, not one, but two trips up there to have photos taken and phone call after phone call to keep chasing up the progress of the claim. Finally got the car in for the work last week and should have it back tomorrow, I'm hoping it will be my last journey to Holdcrofts, the service just doesn't seem up to scratch compared to other dealerships that other members have dealt with.

This also isn't the first complaint about Holdcrofts that I have heard of.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Bloody hell jacks that is totally unacceptable , sounds like you've had a rough time with the dealers. I'm shocked how they ignored Worcester . Hope you have better luck with Worc dealer .

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've also dealt with Holdcroft Honda, in all honesty didn't have a bad experience when buying the car, but I don't think I'll be dealing with them again.

The experience I've had of trying to get the rusty roof issue sorted has put me off the place, not one, but two trips up there to have photos taken and phone call after phone call to keep chasing up the progress of the claim. Finally got the car in for the work last week and should have it back tomorrow, I'm hoping it will be my last journey to Holdcrofts, the service just doesn't seem up to scratch compared to other dealerships that other members have dealt with.

This also isn't the first complaint about Holdcrofts that I have heard of.

They were brilliant and super helpful when we were buying the car, espescially when they were trying to sell us all the little extras like superguard and gap insurance, it just all went wrong with the aftercare they just stopped caring. Luckily worcester have been very helpful and we will be going back there for all our servicing.

·
Banned
7,705 Posts
Sorry to hear all of this. I can see where your coming from and its totally unacceptable. Hope you get this all sorted pal.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
They were brilliant and super helpful when we were buying the car, espescially when they were trying to sell us all the little extras like superguard and gap insurance, it just all went wrong with the aftercare they just stopped caring. Luckily worcester have been very helpful and we will be going back there for all our servicing.
Couldn't agree more, sales staff were brilliant and got on really well with the sales manager, just feel a little bit let down with the after care, it's as if they don't want to know. And if they say they are going to call, don't wait around....

Unless they're selling you a car, then they always phone. Sales rep phoned me dead on twelve because I wasn't at the dealership to pick the car up on time. That was her first sale though, she was keen ;)

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I bought mine from Holdcroft with no issues as they offered best value for money at the time, but take it to Worcester for servicing as they are local to me. I've never had any problems with the guys at Worcester, hopefully you'll keep getting the same good service I've had.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Shocked to hear this as they worked closely with the accord owners on typeaccord (when the accord was my daily drive) and they couldnt have been any more helpful. Sad to hear you lack of customer service.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
That's shocking especially as I have only read good things about Holdcroft on this forum. An experience like that really destroys your confidence in the car :(

I would definately stick with Startin Honda from now on. I have been using them for 9 years now to look after my 3 Hondas and have always received the best service from them.

·
Dr. Evil
3,831 Posts
I've been in the servicing dept. at Holdcroft a few times on meets with typeaccord/THAOC back when I had my Accord. They always seemed very knowledgeable and helpful.

That being said, it was a good few years ago, and times can change. I certainly wouldn't be happy with the response you got.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
I've bought two cars from Holdcroft Honda and never had any problems at all. They have always been very well respected on this forum. Having said that I'm sorry to read about your experience. :(

I Know the service manager quite well from my visits over the years and he's been in touch with me regarding this. He's really dissappointed you feel you've been let down by the service department as he didn't have any say in this matter. Bear in mind the different departments at a dealership are run separately and in this case, I suspect, it will be the sales department you've been dealing with.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's shocking especially as I have only read good things about Holdcroft on this forum. An experience like that really destroys your confidence in the car :(

I would definately stick with Startin Honda from now on. I have been using them for 9 years now to look after my 3 Hondas and have always received the best service from them.
Yeah I've lost the confidence in the car after the amount of problems I've had with it. I thought I was going to have the after care and customer service if there were any issues but from the way they have dealt with it, clearly shows they're not bothered. Glad we're using worcester from now on, I can't fault how helpful they've been even when we didn't buy the car from them. Wish I had bought if from there in the first place.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I had a few issues with mine when I bought it from there regarding exhaust heat shields rattling that they said they would sort then when I picked it up it was never done so how could they do the all over multi point check of the car and I had the sheet to say it was all done. Then I phoned them to do the 50k service and valve clearances and they said they would only need to car for 3 hours. Wasn't sure about that. Then I took it back to have pictures of the roof done and they didn't seem interested to help at all. So I phoned abp to do the service and they were great said straight away they needed the car to be on the ramp over night so the engine was stone cold to do the valve clearances and I'm phoning HUK to get the roof sorted

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've bought two cars from Holdcroft Honda and never had any problems at all. They have always been very well respected on this forum. Having said that I'm sorry to read about your experience. :(

I Know the service manager quite well from my visits over the years and he's been in touch with me regarding this. He's really dissappointed you feel you've been let down by the service department as he didn't have any say in this matter. Bear in mind the different departments at a dealership are run separately and in this case, I suspect, it will be the sales department you've been dealing with.
In all honesty we never got as far as talking to anybody in Service, when Worcester first contacted Stoke they asked to speak to Vicky, who was our sales advisor, she passed it on to Anthony who was apparently head of sales. It was him who refused to put them through to service and also refused to acknowledge the problem. They said he had absolutely no idea of what the issue was and couldn't grasp the seriousness of it at all. We can't comment on the Service department ourselves as we never actually managed to get to speak to them or deal with them. We liked Vicky (she could sell ice to an eskimo though) but feel her hands were well and truly tied by Anthony who appeared to not care at all. Stoke even went as far as saying that we should take the car to them as Worcester would rip us off and the job wouldn't be as good.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I bought mine from Honda in ruislip and they have been awesome with the aftercare, when I completed the purchase my sales guy took me over and introduced me to the service manager and the service team so i knew who they were and said any problems to give him a call, then every 2 weeks for the last 2 months they have been calling me in the evening just to check everything has been good with the car.

I cant fault the aftercare I have had so far and I am sorry to hear you are having such problems, it seems like worcester are helping you resolve the issues, honestly I would stick with them going forward, hopefully they can help you with the roof issue as well.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been in to Startin Honda, Worcester today to have our brake pads and discs replaced. Very happy with the service and they've also agreed to book us in next week to sort the rust on the roof under the recall. The problems with the brakes were that bad, due to the heat from the broken calliper, that they actually snapped the disk trying to remove it. This proved even more how Holdcroft were in the wrong not to replace the discs and pads as heavy braking could have broken the disc when the car was on the road and caused an accident. Safe to say Startin have been fantastic and we will definitely being using them from now on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been in to Startin Honda, Worcester today to have our brake pads and discs replaced. Very happy with the service and they've also agreed to book us in next week to sort the rust on the roof under the recall. The problems with the brakes were that bad, due to the heat from the broken calliper, that they actually snapped the disk trying to remove it. This proved even more how Holdcroft were in the wrong not to replace the discs and pads as heavy braking could have broken the disc when the car was on the road and caused an accident. Safe to say Startin have been fantastic and we will definitely being using them from now on.
Good for you, you found a helpful dealer, Me after trying a few of them and notice that they are not interested to fix my civic...I walk away and found ABP which is brilliant.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Used Holdcroft numerous times for my services and warranty work and they here been really good . My G/F has nought her last two cars from there and admittedly the first sale was not the best with poor after sales the second one has been really good. Staff changes must of helped . My G/F dealt with Helen and Anthony and she was really happy. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience you could always try Stuart Graham in Crewe which is part of the same group but I dont trust them after they tried to fiddle my g/f on a car sale .

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Used Holdcroft numerous times for my services and warranty work and they here been really good . My G/F has nought her last two cars from there and admittedly the first sale was not the best with poor after sales the second one has been really good. Staff changes must of helped . My G/F dealt with Helen and Anthony and she was really happy. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience you could always try Stuart Graham in Crewe which is part of the same group but I dont trust them after they tried to fiddle my g/f on a car sale .
As I said before, when buying the car they were very helpful, but when any issues arose they have not been bothered with helping. On our experience it hasn't been a good one at all. We will now be taking it to Startin in Worcester as for one it is closer and 2 the service has been brilliant. Unfortunately from our experiences with Holdcroft we have lost all faith and wouldn't go back to them, which is understandable from the amount of grief we've had and lack of customer service.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Fair play jacks it's such a shame when companies don't give a **** once they have your money. Glad u found somewhere that works for you.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts