2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few posts about people's fog lights getting smashed and then high costs to replace etc. I really like the JDM yellow fog light look & I had found a few kits around for just under £20. I personally could not justify this cost for what is really a piece of plastic to cover.

So I set out to make my own and I'm very pleased with the results. They cost me around £10 to make but I've got enough to do another. I've not used window tinting film as I don't think that would would as a protector.

These will deffinately prevent them getting smashed with added styling, I hope. I effective could make these in any colour, blue, green, clear, orange, purple. They look great when on & I believe they are legal.

Before:

After:

Sorry for the next low quality photo (was taken on my phone)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Top job these look really nice !! What are they like with the light coming through ? are they nice and yellow like the jdm look ?

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I could make some for you I suppose although I can't guarantee the quality etc & I need you to cover the cost of material & postage, but I think the moderators would want this going to a for sale thread to stay within the rules.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea id have no problem covering material and Postage if reasonable, so how are these covers secured to the foglight ?
Clear 3M sticky clear circles. Similar to the one's you attach tax disc holders. You can't see the fixing's through the plastic. £7.00 would cover materials/time.

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
I like them but would need to see them on a silver CTS first.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey people I think this may have been taken slightly out of context. I posted a photo to show my covers, not in an attempt to sell them as I don't really need the cash and would rather have my time etc. It would be a lot of hassle for little reward.

Out of interest I've just had a look at grays52 & they are really impressive. I just could not justify the £25 delivered to your door sale price. Especially as I made these for less than a £5.00 so I'm not even more impressed with myself now.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
IIRC I paid £20 for mine ( not from gray but some other maker on eBay ) and I thought the price was reasonable for what it does should I ever needed to replace a smashed fog lamp. Mine came with a Velcro style fastener so you could take em off to clean em and clip them back on.
One of the simplest effective mod I've done on my car, pure JDM as ***** too lol

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,178 Posts
That would have been me, as you kindly sent me a photo to use in my listing. I now do the clears for £15 delivered, and they have been this price since the beginning of The year. All my covers are machine cut.

Reactions: jameseh
1 - 15 of 15 Posts