2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, Car Mechanics April issue. Interesting read. Has covered the Honda Civic 1.6 iDTEC. There is an error in the article has confirmed by CM.

The battery in the 1.6 idtec when changed DOES NOT need to be coded to the car. However it does need to be a EFB battery.

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,395 Posts
FYI, Car Mechanics April issue. Interesting read. Has covered the Honda Civic 1.6 iDTEC. There is an error in the article has confirmed by CM.

The battery in the 1.6 idtec when changed DOES NOT need to be coded to the car. However it does need to be a EFB battery.

Interesting they advise to cut Honda service recommendations in half. Oil at 6250 miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Interesting they advise to cut Honda service recommendations in half. Oil at 6250 miles?

They must have shares in Earth Dreams Oil as that stuff costs a fortune.. 6250 is good but I'd say a bit OTT if most of your driving is about the A Roads and motorways,

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,307 Posts
Note how it contradicts itself on engine oil. With exception of ..... yet 6250 is half

Honda say Air Filter at 3yr or 37K miles. This one had only done 27K Miles. Honda FSH = Not fit for purpose.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts