2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there forum members

I have a Honda Accord 2005, Arctic Blue, 2.0i Vtec

Today as the car was parked in the drive, some kids were playing football and it accidentally hit the cars bumper. It just scratched the bumper slightly but it also caused a believed headlight washer cover to snap and break off, the cover it self is in pieces but on one of the pieces there is a nozzle. I just phoned parts and they said my car has headlight washers, to be honest i didn't know this and I dont even know how to use them!

Well the small cover is said to cost about £50 which is shocking whereas the washer jet is about £120. I plan on just replacing the cover and leaving the pump and i would be grateful for your advice as i wish to keep spending to a minimum and plus how do i use these washers could someone please help me out on this.

I await your replies thanks in advance.

·
Banned
365 Posts
The washers will be automatic and wash the headlights when you wash the windscreen while the headlights are on.

If you just replace the cover and not the nozzle water is going to piss water everywhere plus when the headlight gets dirty it will dazzle other drivers if you have xenons headlights.

Another note if it does have xenon headlights it is a legal requirement in the UK to have headlight washers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I understand from what you are saying and thanks for the quick reply, how do i find out which lights I have, loll and plus can I get these parts from some where else?

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
and I thought this was a new Civic forum... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
This is the 'Accord' section. ******.
Just joking as my smilie shows :rolleyes:, anyway, I would be a sizeist not racist, as it is still a Honda surely...

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hey lol take it easy, so is there a cheaper solution ?
As has already been said, you'll have the headlamp washers because you have Xenon lights ...

So, to keep the car legal, you'll need to replace the washer nozzle ...

But, for a 2005 model Accord, you should be able to find the parts you need 'second-hand' (i.e. - from a breaker \ scrapyard) ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts