2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All

I need a little bit of advice before I go ahead getting My nearside door repaired.

I was parked in a car park not far from where I live and when I came back to the car I noticed that the council where cutting the grass and My CTR was covered in grass. I calmly counted to 10 got in the car and drove home when i washed the grass off the car i have notice 16 b***** stonechips on the passenger side door and rear quarter panel.

I have contacted the council and i am waiting for a reply regarding the matter My local Honda dealer have done there best in touching up the stonechips but I am still not happy with the look of the panels.

When it comes to cars i am a little anal so i visited a guy who is a top notch automobile paint sprayer He has looked at the car and said that He could sort the problem out no problem but I should make sure that My Honda surface corrosion warranty would be still valid because Honda may want the car to be done at a Honda approved body shop.

The truth of the matter is that i do not want My car to go to just anybody I personal know this guy and I have also seen his work and I would be more than happy if He did the job.

What are Your thought on the matter Guys and Girls.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
sounds like you have everything sorted already lol

perhaps you shoud stop being so anal...

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I had to have a new door skin and some body work repair done on my car. I used the local Honda approved bodywork centre and they did a really good job. No matter how hard i look i cannot see any difference to the rest of the car.

I refused to use the repair shop preferred by my insurers. Hopefully they would also have done a good job but the Honda one obviously had quicker access to the paint, parts etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Poor body repaid to my Honda by an approved repairer

Had my car repaired at an approved Honda repair centre it come back a rite mess took it to my Honda garage they agreed 8 faults that I can see and then there is what you can't see . Anybody now who oversees the approved centres. The insurance company have paid them .

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Wouldn't the independent repairer provide a similar warranty on the sprayed part? I'd definitely use a repairer who you have already used before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I parked my car in the bay and the next day I was ready to go out and then I realised someone has hit my car, I don’t know how but it has been hit at the front in the passenger’s side.

I took my car to my local garage and paid £200 just for it to be repaired, please note the guy from the garage has managed to get the dent out but I can see a different when I compare it to the right side. Also my head light has slightly been moved which is not so obvious but I know it’s there and I really wanted to get sorted …. I love my car too much and would just simply like to get is repaired properly. I just need the headlight to be placed back into its position.

Please can you advise or let me know if you are able to help ASAP

Thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts