2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About to get my civic it's 6 year service, got a good price, not 1/2 price though but does need that fuel filter service etc. worth keeping the car as its like new even with 70k 06 ES.
As this will be it's first paid for service any deals going on breakdown recovery?
Do you get that nowadays?
looking forward to seeing a few 9g's.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I had a free years Honda Assist when I had my car serviced a few weeks ago at Bassetts Swansea. It seems they give this whenever you have your service there as it said so in their leaflets on the desk.

Might be worth a phone call, where are you going for your service? (I assume you are Whitland Carms.)

·
Registered
280 Posts
At Swansea they offered it without any hesitation when I asked what deals they were doing. While I was at their desk another customer was also getting their free years cover. Did you go to a Honda garage for a service?

·
Registered
280 Posts
You would like to think they offer the same as they're both Bassetts. I've never dealt with the Bridgend garage but Swansea were great in all departments, they couldn't be more helpful..

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had a look around the new civic very nice too. I will phone the service guy up at Bridgend tomorrow and ask him, I did get a card in the service booklet with the telephone numbers?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honda Breakdown iPhone/Android App

Hi

Just to let you know if you have the Honda breakdown and own an iPhone or Andriod

There is now an app for your phone, if you break down it allows you to contact Honda breakdown, and will send them your location and vehicle details

It will also remind you when your vehicle is due a service or MOT, it has a AA Roadwatch screen and Honda Insurance Info section

I've only just tested it out on my phone today but it's great, have a look!

Danni

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Just to let you know if you have the Honda breakdown and own an iPhone or Andriod
Yep thanks just downloaded it, hope I never have to use it of course!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
You also get Honda assist with an extended warranty as well which I reckon makes it a pretty good deal.

If you bank on £100 for a top break down cover if bought separately from one of the breakdown companies, then it makes the warranty effectively £150 for the year + the breakdown cover.

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
where did you pay £250 for you warranty - some of the robbing dealersips have quoted me £395

You also get Honda assist with an extended warranty as well which I reckon makes it a pretty good deal.

If you bank on £100 for a top break down cover if bought separately from one of the breakdown companies, then it makes the warranty effectively £150 for the year + the breakdown cover.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
where did you pay £250 for you warranty - some of the robbing dealersips have quoted me £395
Gilder's Honda, Lockoford Lane Chesterfield formerly Gordon Lamb's Chesterfield.

Gilder Honda Chesterfield

They can do it over the phone and send the documents out, that was what I did as I couldn't get in to the showroom.

Sounds like your dealers were ripping you off. Gilders told me the warranty used to be £275 but has recently been reduced to £250 (I believe this is Honda RRP).

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Well provided you can use it at any dealers, its worth a purchase over the phone.

To my mind they've got the pricing right. I wouldn't pay any more than £250 pa but at that price with Honda Assist included, it makes sense.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,555 Posts
Ta for the info, mine is due its 3rd service in September and I'd like another years HondaCare and possibly warranty to see me through to my 9G

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
after my 1 year honda warranty ran out i got a letter from honda wanting £400 for 1 year extended warranty, i was quoted £250 for extended warranty from 2 dealers plus one dealer told me it would be £290 including wear and tear,i took the option of the wear and tear then got a phone call saying it wasnt available on my car,was told youve got to buy the wear and tear warranty at the time you purchase car,not 1 year later.

·
Registered
47 Posts
warranty

my vehicle is coming out of it's 3 years honda warranty at the end of this month, i have found the extended 3 year warranty varies in price between dealers:

hendy honda (southampton) 3 years £699

honda chesterfield 3 years £625

sb wakefield formerly sb honda £600

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.