2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

When i bought my 06 civic it came with a non working HFT, I've only just bought a new module from a breakers and now it is working.

As I've never seen it work before had a few confusing moments trying to pair it but reading a few threads on here managed to do that successfully too.

Only question is, does the phone book, last dialled number ever display on the satnav screen?

·
Hairy Northerner
165 Posts
This is a nice easy one.

No.

The Sat Nav screen does not change at all, but the LED display to the right reads "TEL" when the HFT is in use.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
As above - No

You have to use the phone to dial or use the voice control to either:-
input a number (eg call .... 0, 1, 6 etc)
say a name that you have to set up prior to this (eg Call mike mobile)

You can also use the voice control and say 'redial' - which is handy

If however, you have the Sat Nav and pair your phonebook, you can scroll through your phonebook using the satnav controls.

Its all in the manuals

:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,237 Posts
If however, you have the Sat Nav and pair your phonebook, you can scroll through your phonebook using the satnav controls.
i have ex 2007 sat nav model but i cant seem to scroll through a so called phone book?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
On my 09 EX Sat Nav. Off the top of my head, it's menu, phonebook and import????
Engine needs to be off and key to accessory position for this to happen.
Not with my car today otherwise I'd find out.

But I'm sure it's in the Sat Nav manual

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can only find how to add voicetag to numbers but not displayed on the satnav.
Could it be that this option is not available on 2006 model?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Maybe, I'm not 100% sure.

But I CAN scroll through a stored copy of my phone book using the Sat Nav and make calls that way.

I'm away until tomorrow night and unless someone else mentions it on here, I'll write how I done it. If you want that is??

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's a bit poo...however got it working at least.
Probably could have just got xcarlink with Bluetooth adapter would have been better off.

Thanks all, just can't believe Honda wanted £600 for the part.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wondering if there is a way of adding this feature onto pre2009 models.

Would it be simple as putting a Bluetooth module from a 2009 into my car?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Not sure. When I use the phone book on the sat nav and press call, the voice over says 'calling number received from the navigation device'. So it could be the sat nav

·
Registered
47 Posts
phone book

could you please provide instructions for phone book import i have a 09ex but cannot do it

thanks

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Phone Book import only works on certain phone models, and I believe numbers have to be stored on the phone itself rather than sim.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
did you find anything out about this mate? I have a Sep 2007 model and the HFT is pretty poor as it struggles to understand my Glasgow accent!!!! I have had to change the way I name people to get the HFT to recognise them, so if a kit was available to get the Satnav to recognise the numbers that would be magic......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Hapzuk

I was wondering if you had any advice regarding where I could get a HFT from... Honda want £900 to replace the part as mine was also disconnected when I brought my EX 2006

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Hapzuk

I was wondering if you had any advice regarding where I could get a HFT from... Honda want £900 to replace the part as mine was also disconnected when I brought my EX 2006
Hi Mate,
Sorry hadn't logged in for a while, hopefully by now you were able to resolve this.

I just filled out as many online forms with breakers and waited for them to contact me with prices.

Make sure you remove your HFT and ensure you get your part number from the existing unit.
I also remember that some have white stickers and others pink. I was told pink sticker was a more stable unit so I replaced my white sticker unit with a pink one.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Hi Mate,
Sorry hadn't logged in for a while, hopefully by now you were able to resolve this.

I just filled out as many online forms with breakers and waited for them to contact me with prices.

Make sure you remove your HFT and ensure you get your part number from the existing unit.
I also remember that some have white stickers and others pink. I was told pink sticker was a more stable unit so I replaced my white sticker unit with a pink one.
I am having issues with my bluetooth failing to pair also, how much did you pay for a new unit?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Hi,
I am new to the forum and cannot find an answer to my question and was hoping someone could help me.

I've just bought a 2007 CTR GT with Sat Nav but no HFT. Is it possible to retro fit HFT to the system as I've already got the controls but no system behind them.

Thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 48 Posts