2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Earth Dreams :)
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps & chapess's.

We had a 2010 CRV, which was amazing.. and the brake discs flanges never did rust in the 3 yrs of owning it.
The 2016 black edition we have now, already in <12mths, the discs are rusting away in places and looks awful behind the wheels..
Did they change the supplier and plating?? Just a small point that states.. coat saving, lesser quality...
Looking forward to your thoughts..

Steve

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that people clean them up and paint them anyway...

It's what I ended up doing on my 2016 9G and also did it on my 2016 CRV.. no doubt I'll end up doing it again on my 2017 CTR

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like what you have done there Jason and when the weather improves I will be doing the same.

Have you not painted the edges of the disc as well, as over time these will rust also?

Rick,

The dealer painted yours for you? How the hell did you manage that one?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Didn't quite have time to do the edges mate but will do when i get the car in the Workshop next.
I recommend anyone with a FK2/FK8 to get the black nuts as it makes the alloys so much sharper.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I like what you have done there Jason and when the weather improves I will be doing the same.

Have you not painted the edges of the disc as well, as over time these will rust also?

Rick,

The dealer painted yours for you? How the hell did you manage that one?
Condition of the sale, to be fair I have learned tonight they have also done this on the wife's 10g we collect Friday and I never even asked this time :surprise: all I can say is result:wink3:

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The black wheel nuts I did already on the CTR..
The black paint on the disc hub I did on the CTR about a year ago...
Still looks food in that to this day, but when I put this to my Honda dealer, they said it was normal wear n tear and is expected on the disc material..

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts