2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Is there such a thing?
I know HKS do a panel filter that direct replacement for OEM and is less restrictive.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't bother, you'll be back in a week asking why you've got flat spots through the rev range. The 1.8 Civic uses a resonator air intake system, google how it works.
This waste of time on the majority of cars these days. Just creates more noise and a placebo affect. Go and get it stage 1 remap.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Let me know if it makes a difference.
You can wash the element in normal washing up liquid to get the worst of the dirt out.
It helped on the FN2 and I'm sure contributed to the 215HP measured on the dyno.

·
i-Vtec
1,876 Posts
What's the gains going to be from a stage 1 remap ?
Next to nothing. Theres a guy on facebook that did it, he wouldn't post before and after BHP from a remap. Said they never did a before dyno run, which i think was bull. Everyone does a before dyno so they know what you've gained. Think he spent around £500 on it, I dont do facepage anymore so no idea if he carried on, but he'd great plans on doing a map, injectors etc. Personally I think he got around 4-5bhp. Youd get more getting the head ported and flowed for the same money, but its a lot more work.

·
i-Vtec
1,876 Posts
Every car will be different. IIRC an episode of wheeler dealers they ported the head on an Elise, sure they got about 30bhp. Old school tuning like this is a much forgotten these days in the face of bigger turbos and remaps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts