2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story:
1) Does anyone know where can I get instructions on how to remove i-SHIFT actuator? Most likely it's gonna go to ECUTesting for refurbishment.
2) Once I receive it and fit it back what do I need to do? And if it requires anything else after fitting it back, where do I find instructions on it?

Long story:
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and new to Honda i-SHIFT. Bought the car less than 2 month ago and already broke down. At first it came of gear and stayed in NEUTRAL was recovered to home. Next day after trying many times I managed to get it in gear but now it got stuck in reverse and I can't start the car anymore. There were codes like U0103 and P0810. All the codes have been erased now but gear is still stuck in revers and I can't start the engine.

After reading around a lot, I decided to remove the i-SHIFT actuator and send it to ECUTesting. I have used ECUTesting couple of years ago for my BMW ABS pump. They have refurbished it and I was pleased with their service. My questions are mentioned in short story above. I have searched a lot of places but I can not find a single video showing how to remove or what to do. If not a video I could do with just instructions I guess. I have also purchased Haynes manual book but it contains nothing about i-SHIFT.

If anyone thinks I am on the wrong track and I need to be doing something else to resolve my issue please direct me to the right direction. I can't afford garages at the moment the work will have to be done by myself.

I thank you in advance for any help and support you can provide guys.

Kind regards

George S

·
i-Vtec
5,514 Posts
@automobilklub is the expert when it comes to the ish*t. Feel free to contect him via PM directly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Shiro, thank you for your reply.
A little update, I have managed to remove it from reverse gear this morning and now it’s in neutral. I can start the car with no issues. I have cleared all the codes and no fault is coming up anymore but I lost my trust in test driving it. Could not risk driving to work in case it stops again.
I don’t have a Honda HDS but my other diagnostics (iCarsoft CR Pro) show that it is learned ? Do you still suggest getting Honda HDS and do learning even tho it’s learnt?
Any trusted source I can get Honda HDS and HIM?
I have made a list of shopping and purchased half of the tools I will need for this repair. I am motivated in doing it myself as I very much enjoy it. I’ve been doing lots of learning since it’s broken down. Next step - if I can’t find anything in English is to look on civic Russian website.
Thanks you for your support.
Kind regards
George

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I’m literally going to pick my actuator up from dhl locker right now.
will try and complete the repair this Friday 👌🏻 I tried to record videos of repair hopefully they are not to bad to put on YouTube. I’m trying to potentially help others in same situation as there are not many guides for it.
hoping for the best 🤞🏻

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE:
ECUTesting found faults in the actuator, refurbished and shipped back.
I have installed everything back to the car now would like to bleed the car with HDS software but I can not find the option for it.
dash warning has disappeared already and gear is in N, cars starts but i don't wanna try changing gear without bleeding.

Is anyone familiar with HDS and where is bleeding option?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hi George

I had mine rebuilt by Sancars in Leicester, had it back next day excellent service.
You should find it in the ishift section under adjustments I think.
You do the filling bit first then bleed and finally Dynamic learning and check your idle learn has been completed in the data list,its at bottom of list.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi George

I had mine rebuilt by Sancars in Leicester, had it back next day excellent service.
You do the filling bit first then bleed and finally Dynamic learning and check your idle learn has been completed in the data list,its at bottom of list.
Hope that helps
Hi Shiro thanks for your reply.
Mine has already been rebuild and put back to car but my HDS v3 has no option for ishift and not sure where it is :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi George

Hope that helps
Would you know where I could download HDS version that would include ishift ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Thats good you sorted,Im in Kent so maybe could have helped.
If you clutch is still good you should notice a big difference in gear change a lot smoother and hopefully nice to drive again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks buddy, just came back from a little ride to check all gears shift. All was good so far.
I have not done learning bit because ECUTesting has advised as the actuator was only rebuild, I don’t need to do learning process because it was already done on it from Beginning. Otherwise, they advised it could get permanent P19FC DTC for which I would need to pay again if happened. Not sure what or why but I took the advise and did only bleeding of the clutch, erased DTCs and all is good. I’m so excited.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did you ever find anyone in Kent who would look into it? My car has just spent a week at the local garage for them to decide they won't take off the actuators
Hi Nick, sorry to hear you having issues, I know how it feels I was frustrated myself. Fortunately I have fixed my car myself and did not need to have it checked in garage. If you up for some DIY I can help you as much as I can. I have recorded some videos but I need time to sit and upload to potentially help others. Got busy with work at the moment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks mate! Did you just do the clutch actuator? The error code I have is for gear actuator so thinking that will come off too, assume they are two separate boxes. I did see something that says sometimes stones get stuck under the actuator arm so will have a look when the rain stops

1 - 20 of 29 Posts