2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought this Honda I went for a spin and everything was OK.
Took it home left it parked for a couple of hours and then when I went back to it to go for a ride It just won't start.
Is not completely dead but it doesn't have enough power to start.
I've used a jump start and it worked. Drove it for like 15min.switched off and when I switched on nothing happend again.I had to jump start again.
Any clues what could be the fault?
Battery or alternator?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Have you checked battery indicator to see if battery has died? Same symptoms I had and needed new battery.

The honda oem battery has an indicator on the top.

If it's the original battery it's at the end of its life.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Had the same symptoms on my 2010 2.2.

Battery indicator showed green so I just charged it.

Showed 13v before I went to work and was down to 10v by the time I had finished work (was not connected to anything)

Faulty battery, got one from cox for around £65 delivered

·
Registered
19 Posts
The battery in mine was dead after the same symptoms... to the point the used car dealer I bought it off had to jump start it on the day I handed over the cash! I, of course, got a little discount because of it.

Anyway, I used ASM Auto Recycling in Aylesbury and got myself a Bosch. It's used, sure, but they check them and charge them and are good by their word. Best part, it was only £25.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,788 Posts
Hi, I just bought this Honda I went for a spin and everything was OK.
Took it home left it parked for a couple of hours and then when I went back to it to go for a ride It just won't start.
Is not completely dead but it doesn't have enough power to start.
I've used a jump start and it worked. Drove it for like 15min.switched off and when I switched on nothing happend again.I had to jump start again.
Any clues what could be the fault?
Battery or alternator?
Does it have a hands-free phone (HFT) adaptor? These are notorious on sone Honda models for developing a fault that drains the battery overnight... Replacing the car battery may appear to bring about a repair, but it's only because the new battery has a bit more functional capacity and eventually the problem can return as the battery ages.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
if its reading 10 v then looks like a cell has gone down
a battery can read 12 volts and still be flat but 10 volts is down on 1 cell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts