2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new owner of a 06 2.2 ctdi.
Got a heavy vibration between 1300-1900 rpm. Its very irritating
But when the car warms up to temp noise seems to subside but doesn't disappear completely. Does this in low gears/neutral whilst driving and stationary
Noise is always there through acceleration and de acceleration when cold and only on de acceleration when warm. Coming from n/s/f to center of car. Nothing felt in the pedals or gear stick. Its not a rumble or droning.

Now the other day I lifter the bonnet whilst a friend rev the engine in between the 1300-1800 range and had a look n listen.
It sound to me that its around the air box and intake and towards the bulk head. But not further down towards gear box.

Hopefully can eliminate the DFM and input shaft? I read could be down to a non gen filter??

Any thoughts???

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
I read could be down to a non gen filter??

Any thoughts???
As I was reading this, that was my first thought. I have seen previous posts on here where a change of air filter to a genuine Honda air filter resolved the problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thats what I thought too. But I read people symptoms for dmf and input shafts are very simlar in the way they describe.
But I guess £27 os worth the spend to rid that irritating noise.

·
Whistlin' on a Tuesday...
1,165 Posts
Well thats what I thought too. But I read people symptoms for dmf and input shafts are very simlar in the way they describe.
But I guess £27 os worth the spend to rid that irritating noise.
Check out Brindley Honda for the parts. You get a 25% discount here, genuine Honda air filter for your 2.2 diesel is cheaper than that.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-traders/91212-genuine-service-bits-25-off-retail-brindley-honda-13.html or

http://brindleyparts.co.uk/Civic

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
25% off is good cheers for the info. In my case by the time I add postage charge it comes to £24 and upto 5 days if not longer over xmas to arrive. For the extra 3 pound I could collect same day.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update. Definitely the air filter. When removed noise is there constantly. Or when its in and you push slightly on the air box noise disappears. Will swap for OEM filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts