2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Civic 2002 1.6 petrol.

Boot struggled to open, than after a few attempts it opened but wouldn’t close.

Look at the boot lock and surrounding area does not look damaged.

Only thing to add a few weeks ago my Mrs managed to somehow smash the rear window whilst reversing in a car park. So not sure if this is something to do with it. I have not checked for glass but will be my next step.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

:whiteflag1::whiteflag1:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Not sure what the boot of the EP looks like, may be worth taking any interior panel off . Does the locking mechaism work if you do it by hand? i've had a similar problem and it turned out to by a tiny bit of trim that was uneven stopping the boot unlocking with the remote.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5 door civic, it does not close at all. The door latch doesn't look damaged at all, it just doesn't grip on the latch on the boot floor

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
This is a forum for the 8th gen Civic. Also, you've posted in the "Introductions" forum.

Regardless, can't help with your problem but welcome to Civinfo.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Welcome, Only thing I would suggest would be to cover the lock in chalk so when you close the boot you can can see where the catch is going, or check the boot release cable has not stretched, good luck :D

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
This is a forum for the 8th gen Civic. Also, you've posted in the "Introductions" forum.

Regardless, can't help with your problem but welcome to Civinfo.
But we do have a section for older Civics.

Thread moved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts