2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is stuck in reverse, happened on New Years Day, my wife started it and the ishift warning light came on. She switched the engine off and tried to restart it but it wouldn't ignite.

The RAC came and spent an hour trying to figure out what is wrong but no luck.

On Monday I got it towed to Honda and they started looking at it today. They said that the clutch fluid had been totally drained and the ishift had lost it's settings. Despite spending the better part of today trying to find out what's wrong they are still not sure. They are looking again tomorrow but dreading the mounting bill.

They even called Honda HO to see if they could figure it out but no luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi dcivic, thanks for replying. When the initial fault occurred I read up and believed that it was a faulty actuator, and I did print off that thread.

However, after 2 days Honda have advised that the actuator is fine. They have admitted that they do not know what the issue actually is. They have spoken to Honda UK who have advised the following:

1. Change the Auto clutch at the cost of £2,700, if that fails to sort the problem then;
2. Replace the transmission control module (no ideas what that is, I thought it was the actuator but Honda said it is not) at the cost of £2,700.

So circa. £5,400 outlay on the repair for a car worth approx £4,000.

Really not sure what to do here as not in my budget to repair and the garage have intimated that even after the two repairs the car may not be fixed.

My brother suggested that I try and find a mechanic who can remove the I-shift entirely and replace with a reconditioned manual gearbox.

I really would appreciate some advice here if anyone feels like it :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Peter, many thanks for your advice. I had almost given up hope! I will attempt to follow your steps and see if the car can be repaired. Incidentally, what is the last item, HIM for Honda, some kind of diagnostic tool?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Peter, many thanks for your advice. I had almost given up hope! I will attempt to follow your steps and see if the car can be repaired. Incidentally, what is the last item, HIM for Honda, some kind of diagnostic tool?
Yes it is
But don't worry,not very complicated
Him-Hds connect OBD in car/located near your left knee/ with laptop and the software HDS recomend You version 2024, it is not the newest but stable
some information Honda HDS 2.024.005 + ECU Rewrite 6.24.04 [2010] :: RuTracker.org (ex torrents.ru)
Install the software on windows xp first drive C: ,because HIM uses RS232 interface You need cable USB to RS232 with software, the best is on the chip FTDI, but Prolink also be good for example UNITEK ,I used.In the XP/Start/System/Manager/Com/advanced choose COM1 as usb-rs232 cable
Conect Him to car and laptop start the program HDS
first find DTC codes and try remove them, if not -don't worry
Go to Systems/i-shift/regulation
now You do the filling of the hydraulic system of the clutch and the airbleeding procedure then the learning STATIC procedure,when the car's computer(ECU) learn the 1 and2-and3 position of the clutch and N to A position it goes very quickly. You have under 5 seconds to do it.
And when You will see ,,The car is ready to drive" it be unbelievable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks good man for the awesome info and links

1 - 9 of 9 Posts