2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have SORN my car during the lockdown. forgot to start the car for 12 days.
When I wanted to start the car to avoid battery dying, pressed the unlock button from key and security alarm started and the battery was on las breath, tried jump start didn't work.
and the car was not starting, and then I got immobiliser Issue (Green key flashing).
Now that issue is fixed with a scanner and the car is started (doing my self with a friend help) BUT the security alarm is not leaving me alone, its keep beaming.

Can't afford taking it to Honda, any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks
Fadi

·
Super Moderator
20,998 Posts
From memory ..... The alarm only turns off via the keyfob unlock. This was often an issue if you unlocked the car by using the door keyhole. If your fob has an issue then this will likely be the cause.

As much as you don't want to it may need to be a dealer fix unless someone else knows.

·
Super Moderator
20,998 Posts
Scroll down a bit and read Steve_M reply:

·
Super Moderator
2,214 Posts
ive tried this a few times going by the book from a locksmith and online info never got it to work
I know theres something on net somewhere that a batch number or something has to be same for it to code it from the car
honda want a fortune to do it

·
Super Moderator
20,998 Posts
If you perform a search here there are posts where dealers have charged as little as £15 to recode an existing key. Worth getting a quote.

·
Super Moderator
2,214 Posts
Lloyd honda in Carlisle wanted £45+vat when I asked them
wonder why they don't get to service my car under the 5 year plan and the warranty work its had done also went to another dealer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts