2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a honda civic 2013 (63 reg) with sd navigation (08A40-2R6), would it be possible to replace the navigation unit with the original android one (39100-TV1) not losing functionality?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I also want to know if mine HDD sat nav can be replaced with an new android model.
For the price off some nav updates, I can get buy een second hand android one :smile3:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping it up in case someone has news.
Does anyone have any experience replacing SD navi 08A40-2R6 unit? Or, maybe, changing maps on that SD card, which is protected?

·
Super Moderator
21,033 Posts
The main issue is that these units are so integrated there is bound to be some functionality loss of other things unless you really know what you're doing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My problem is I finally moved back to AU to my beloved family, and I did it together with my beloved honda civic. Maps in the unit are EU only, and clarion does not have AU maps specifically for this unit, so it would be great to either change the maps, or change the unit. It also seems that SD cards in those are protected quite paranoidly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 years ago, i bought a whole unit with android 5.0 from china. It works with everything, you get all the cables and stuff to make it work with the car. Its all plug an play, it really works great.
And i also bought the GARMIN Navigation for Android, but you can install any navigation software you. Basicly what you do with your phone, i can do now with the android headunit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts