2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I like the idea but real thing would need to look more like the 9th gen at the front. That mock up looks nothing like the 9th gen on the front.

·
Reasonable Tenor voice
617 Posts
I don't like it. But then I hate those crossover cars generally. They all have silly names, the Qashqai, the Yeti, the Tiguan, the Kuga, and so on. Either get a giant monster truck and mash up the road and scare everybody else on the road by driving too close with your 6 headlights on full beam, or don't. Not the strange mutants that can't make up their minds what they are supposed to be.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Honda were doing crossover before the others .....

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Honda were doing crossover before the others .....
Yep, the HR-V is a great looking car IMHO...

This pic was circulating a while back... be nice to think it was true as it would some my current dilemma of choosing between a Kia Sportage or 9th Gen lol.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Well for a start after the other thread, the engine is a joke in a larger car.

1.6l and 120bhp when Ford are now producing eco models with 180bhp for 1.6l?

Other than that, I quite like it. Looks far better than the 9 gen Civic!

Even the rear works on that type of vehicle.

·
Race Taxi Pilot
1,558 Posts
Don't like it.

Looks like any nondescript Pug MPV, whilst keeping the worst bit of the 9th gen - the rear. [smilie=thumbsdown2:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a note that link has a malware threat associated with it.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Ford's 1.6 diesel makes 115 BHP. The 180BHP is a petrol powered engine.
I am aware but with the petrol's figures the diesel is almost irrelevant. Sure it will give slightly better mpg (although a petrol with a 47.1mpg average isn't bad) but you have to remember when considering 120bhp from the Honda diesel that a 4x4 has a heavier body, extra weight from the 4x4 system and extra mechanical drag. That's going to take a big toll on performance - I'd reckon 120bhp will be more like 100 when that's taken into account.

For my money, I like the car but I wouldn't buy it with 120bhp under the bonnet especially as the Mazda CX5 crossover has 165bhp even in the base model.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I've not even bothered reading it but can say that the new 1.6 diesel will be in several different power outputs up to 150ps.....

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I've not even bothered reading it but can say that the new 1.6 diesel will be in several different power outputs up to 150ps.....
Still behind the competition though Dan when Mazdas CX5 base diesel model has 150bhp and there's a 175bhp diesel in the next model up.

http://www.mazda.co.uk/showroom/cx-5/specs/

The 175bhp diesel has identical performance to a 1.8 Civic and emissions of 136g/km in a 4x4!

I know I sound very negative since the 9 gen has come out but to me Honda have lost the plot a bit. They were always cutting edge and now they seem to be trailing with every model in the engine departments. They're producing low power engines whilst competitor brands are now producing engines with almost 40% more power than Honda on some models but similar emissions etc.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
LOL it has the Mugen 2.2 numberplate.. maybe suggesting the engine inside?! if so put my name down for the ugly thing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts