2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Civic concept​
Honda has revealed a conceptual version of the new Civic at the New York motor showThe tenth-generation Honda Civic will take its design cues from a concept which has been unveiled at the New York motor show.

Swindon will remain the home of Civic manufacturing and will build five-door Civic hatchbacks for the US market as well.

The next generation five-door hatch will join the coupe and saloon versions which are already sold in America.

US buyers will also have the chance to buy the next generation Civic Type-R.

Philip Crossman, managing director of Honda UK, said: “This significant announcement demonstrates the opportunity available to the Swindon operation and reinforces the quality and reliability of the product coming from our UK facility.”

The production version of the next generation Civic isn't expected to arrive until 2017 at the earliest.

Read more New York motor show news

Get the latest car news, reviews and galleries from Autocar direct to your inbox every week. Enter your email address below:

More...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Honda Civic Concept At New York Auto Show

I like everything but the color.

From the press release:
Today Honda unveiled its ultra-sporty Civic Concept at the New York International Auto Show as the brand prepares to launch its completely reimagined 10th-Generation Civic models beginning this fall. With a sharper focus on spirited performance and class-leading versatility, the new Civic lineup will include Civic Sedan, Coupe and Si models along with the return of the Civic hatchback, followed by the launch of a new Civic Type-R as the performance flagship of the Civic lineup. The new Civic also will be the first U.S. model to apply new VTEC® Turbo engines from the company's Earth Dreams Technology™ powertrain series.

28 pictures and full press release

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Lost heart with these threads now after the last type-R cop out at the eleventh hour they may as well not tease with a concept anymore if it's not going to produce it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has the potential to be the best looking Honda in a long time in my opinion. Fingers crossed they tidy the mad concept bits up a bit especially at the back and bring it to the UK :)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda Debuts 10th-Generation Civic Concept at NYIAS

NEW YORK, U.S.A. - Honda unveiled its ultra-sporty Civic Concept at the New York International Auto Show as it prepares to launch its completely reimagined 10th-Generation Civic models beginning this fall.

More...

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
There's a newer RSS feed where the link does work.

US model only though.

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Well, it looks like Swindon is goibg to be the global civic plant. This could mean that USDM civics come from the UK

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
I wonder if this means we could now see the 10G earlier than expected? This has received quite a bit of coverage, along with the earlier news about increased investment in the Swindon plant where the 5 door will be produced. I think this car looks fantastic - you can clearly see the 'traditional' Civic design elements in it that started in the 8G hatchback and continue in the 9G, especially on the front wings, front lights and bonnet. This is looking really good!!!

Honda reveals next-generation Civic concept | Auto Express

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
That picture is clearly a 3 door but Honda have only announced a 5 door for the EU. I also can't see the 10G being before 2018 otherwise the TypeR design will be obsolete shortly after release.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
This is barely even news! The headline should be "Look! Honda does know how to make great looking cars, they just won't put them into production without sending them through the mundane-a-tron 5000 a few times".

Not the catchiest headline i've ever written, but there is NO WAY Honda will release something that looks that awesome. And never in that colour! It'll come in the standard black, blue, white, red, grey.

Calling it, right now :p

·
Registered
91 Posts
If that came to the Uk I would get my chequebook out in an instant! [smilie=coolup.gif][smilie=coolup.gif][smilie=coolup.gif][smilie=coolup.gif][smilie=coolup.gif]

I have found nothing that makes me trade in my current 3dr Civic yet, but this would do it.

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,404 Posts
Looks vaguely like a TT with a H badge.

Wasn't posted on the 1st April was it :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Were there any 8G or 9G concepts (aside from the latest Type R)? I think you guys are right in saying that the design may be toned down for production. Why does that happen anyway, cost?

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
Were there any 8G or 9G concepts (aside from the latest Type R)? I think you guys are right in saying that the design may be toned down for production. Why does that happen anyway, cost?
Mainly cost. Sometimes it's so the car adheres to laws. For example, some models have been changed because the bonnet needs to be a certain height.

But things like all the fancy lights and LED strips across the front just aren't cost effective for a production car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was an avid fan of Honda, but they currently don't have anything which I would want to own unless I needed a cheap run around and purchased an old one.

I have moved to BMW for the past few years (who have the opposite problem by having too many cars in the range) Do miss Honda sometimes and I wish they had a car which would bring me back. I was in the USA recently and l really liked the US Civic coupe and some of the Acura models.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts