2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me, but I thought I would be getting a smart Civic keyring, but instead I got a plastic dealership one. I remember when I use to buy a new car and get a very smart keyring to match my nice new car.
Small thing but just wondered if anyone got a cool keyring with theres or not? :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
I got a leather honda one. Well, two actually. They're okay, but nowt sparkling.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I got the plastic cable tie type on like they have at hire places. I had to get me one from our local cobblers. I always wondered who bought those keyrings.

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
The demo car I had couple of weeks ago had a metallic Honda H -keyring inside the glovebox. It was in a tiny plastic bag. I thought they all came with one. Guess I was wrong then.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
I got the cheapo plastic rental car type, soon got rid of it and ordered one from www.speeding.co.uk in the shape of a honda steering wheel, when it arrived it was the wrong one (It was a teardrop shape) got in contact and they sent out the correct one and let me keep the orignal one for the spare key. I would certainly order from them again :)

EDIT by Pottsy 28/7 23:23 Just to correct the link

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just shows you how tight some of the dealerships are, I have found some cool ones online but they are £5, but guna need one just to show off to people even when I havnt got my car with me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
WoolyCiv said:
(It was a teardrop shape)
That's the one I got, very nice quality and quite weighty. Didn't pay £9.50 as on their site, I got from eBay for £3.50 inc P&P.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
The ones I got where not great, leather back with the garage's logo on a metal plate at the front preferred the old one I had with the HRV :(

·
Explosive Mind Unleashed
549 Posts
The only key ring I use is my solid silver Tiffany&Co. keyring I bought in New York a few years ago 8) 8) 8) cost about £60 so as you can see nothing else will do :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was also disapointed with the key itself, have you seen the flip key ones you get with 'posh' cars? something like that would be more inotive just like the car is. Again it might be just me, but small details make a big difference, i think. Am I alone on this? :?

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Kpow99 said:
The only key ring I use is my solid silver Tiffany&Co. keyring I bought in New York a few years ago 8) 8) 8) cost about £60 so as you can see nothing else will do :lol: :lol: :lol:
You poser !! :wink:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
No, I agree with you, Chris. Would have been appropriate to have some sort of new design on the key as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chris is right. I was looking at the Focus before the Civic and the Ghia model comes with a flip key. I was really surprised to see the Civic didn't have one. It's a tiny detail but it would have made the deal that much sweeter. Maybe they'll introduce them on next years model. While they're at it, they can throw in keyless entry and keyless start. The big red start button is just begging for that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep Raegten, I agree its a nice feature the red star button, but I would have thought that it would already have been keyless entry etc. then all you need to do is walk up to the car, get in, push start, off you go. I mean its old technology now, mercs have had it for years. But maybe it will be on the new Type R - Speaking of the Type R anyone here going to order one or thinking of it??

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts