2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Thought i would come on here to say hi and start seeing what others have done to their cars.

Have a Civic Ti for 3months or so now and love it.

huge upgrade over my old car - 1.2 Fiat Punto.

Sadly this is only the 1.4 model, waiting times for the 1.8 are ridiculous plus we do alot of very short journeys (less than 3miles due to driving between 2 work offices all the time making deliveries)

Looking at custom induction kits at the moment, have been speaking to ITG and a local custom place to start developing a 1.4 induction kit as there is nothing out there for performance for our engine

thinking of painting the white under the number plate black to blend into the splitter better and look a bit meaner

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
....... Looking at custom induction kits at the moment, have been speaking to ITG and a local custom place to start developing a 1.4 induction kit as there is nothing out there for performance for our engine .......
Welcome along, "lurker" ! ...

Your first and most important 'mod' is a "Civinfo.com" sticker - sign up to be a Supporter ...

There is a panel filter for the 1.4 - some Italian guys organised it - nicer sound and apparently a few extra BHP into the bargain ...

You can also improve the throttle response \ acceleration with a '3-Drive' Digital Throttle Controller ...

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Very nice mateo yea that would look much better black

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome along, "lurker" ! ...

Your first and most important 'mod' is a "Civinfo.com" sticker - sign up to be a Supporter ...

There is a panel filter for the 1.4 - some Italian guys organised it - nicer sound and apparently a few extra BHP into the bargain ...

You can also improve the throttle response \ acceleration with a '3-Drive' Digital Throttle Controller ...

yeh been on here since i had the car, plus 8thgen and civiclife thought this place seemed a bit better and more people with the 1.4, alot of people seem to only be interested in the type r and ignore the fact Honda have a 1.4 engine

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Welcome Henry!Civic TI looks awesome!Black and White contrast looks great.I also got an 1.4 civic Milano red and I find the engine brilliant,a small misunderstood diamond.
What's your opinion?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome Henry!Civic TI looks awesome!Black and White contrast looks great.I also got an 1.4 civic Milano red and I find the engine brilliant,a small misunderstood diamond.
What's your opinion?
i really like it, test drove the 1.4, 1.8 and the type r aswell,

the 1.4 is still fairly nippy compared to others i tried, similar in response to the 1.8 Leon i test drove.

couldnt be happier with the engine but think it could do with a little more torque as on some big hills it does seem to struggle,

however the noise when you put your foot down is amazing, really nice sound but very quiet if you are just cruising which is lovely to be able to talk on a long journey without loads of road noise.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
cam very close to buying the 1.8. Very sorely let down by the dealer at the time and glad I walked away in the end. Can't deny it's a striking car and well spec'd too - love it :)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cam very close to buying the 1.8. Very sorely let down by the dealer at the time and glad I walked away in the end. Can't deny it's a striking car and well spec'd too - love it :)
my dealer was one of the main reasons i got this aswell.

they were truely amazing. out of all the dealers i visited they have been by far the best, very knowledgeable and also turned the car around in 3 days for me so i could have it before i went on holiday. Fantastic service from them so far and definitely will be using them to possibly purchase a CW type r aswell if i get my end of year bonus

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Indeed, great looking motor there chap. I'd like to see a Ti in the flesh, but they are rare as round these parts it would seem. Glad to hear you are enjoying it and sounds like some interesting future plans afoot.

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Indeed, great looking motor there chap. I'd like to see a Ti in the flesh, but they are rare as round these parts it would seem. Glad to hear you are enjoying it and sounds like some interesting future plans afoot.

Cheers

Nick

well once i have painted the front and upgraded brakes and braided lines i will make sure i attend a few meets.

one thing that i do love is the fact its highly unlikely i will see another one on the road with only 500 made and 25 of them going to collectors or garages to never be used.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
well once i have painted the front and upgraded brakes and braided lines i will make sure i attend a few meets.
Nice one, meets are always good fun - we're a nice bunch on here ;)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
hello & welcome :)
that is a very nice looking 5 door !!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey, i really like the Ti ... looks awesome :popcorn:

My car is similar, but not so nice... White Pearl, but profiles are gray :(

Anyway, the 1.4 vtec rocks!!! I really love it

eheh, i'm one of the italian guys involved in the first production of the filter for the 1.4 vtec :cool:

Derek what do you mean when you say "You can also improve the throttle response \ acceleration with a '3-Drive' Digital Throttle Controller ..."
sound new to me... and i'm very interested ...
could you say to me (and 1.4 owners) something more?
Thank You ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
....... Derek what do you mean when you say "You can also improve the throttle response \ acceleration with a '3-Drive' Digital Throttle Controller ..." sound new to me... and I'm very interested ... could you say to me (and 1.4 owners) something more? Thank You ;)
O.K. - it's a "plug and play" unit that fits between the throttle and diagnostic ports, with a 'spur' to the controller itself ...

Made in Japan - you buy two separate pieces - a universal fitment, and a car-specific adapter ...

Everything is inside the cabin, and mine is completely concealed, with the controller 'box' mounted inside the central storage compartment ...

It has Normal (ex-works) and Economy (5 levels) and Sport (7 levels) to choose from - with 'Sport 7' selected, the throttle seems to opens up much faster, giving you more revs sooner, and accelerating noticeably faster (no extra BHP of course) ...

I bought mine used, from an ex-CTR owner - but it fits the 1.8 and 1.4 (not the 2.2 diesel) as well ...

Look for "3-Drive" on the Interwebthingy ...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts