2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone ,

have just joined (newbie) and have found out a lot of useful information / problems in regards to the type r.

I have an 07 plate type r gt. Ive been reading about the handbrake issue, car door rusting , 3rd gear issue , alarm issue etc and i decided to do some checks.

My handbrake does work properly - no problems

alarm works - no problems

door rust - i can see it when i pull back the covering , should i bring this to the honda dealers attention and get it fixed ?

the 3rd gear issue - i find that it is a bit "clunky" puting it into 3rd gear , i do not have to force it or anything, it also does not pop out. Was there a recall on this issue ?

the petrol cap also opens correctly.

Just posting really to get advice from the other forum members on the above and what i should do about it if anything ?

Thanks

Michael

;)

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Hi Michael and welcome to civinfo. :)

As you probably know, the handbrake issue was a recall, do you know if your car has had the recall work done?

Yes you should mention the rust on the doors to the dealer.

No there wasn't a recall on the 3rd gear issue.

It sounds like you got a good 'un though apart from the rust. :D

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
Welcome to the forum Michael. As DR says you should check that the recall work has been done on your handbrake as the problem is not apparent until the handbrake suddenly releases itself. In the meantime make sure you apply the handbrake firmly without pressing the button.

You should definitely point out the rust as this should not happen on an 18 month old car and is covered by your warranty.

Apart from that just enjoy your car :D

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
Hi Michael and welcome :D

Great to have you around and congrats on the car :)

I would definitely get the rust looked at and see what your dealers says.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey ,

thanks for the welcome and replys :D

I love the car , its brilliant... was a bit disappointed to find out about the problems :(

I will be bringing it to the dealers asap to arise the problem with the rust on the door , 3rd gear and handbrake.

The car itself has 10000 miles on it , and has been through its first service not so long ago... I will have to take a look at was carried out in service etc

would i find the problems listed & fixed in the service book ?

cheers :popcorn2:

·
radix lecti
960 Posts
I don't think you would - it would be on the invoice that accompanied it.

If you know where it was serviced/maintained, then you could get them to print the relevant invoices. I guess you'd need to prove you now own the car for them to do that though :)

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i think i will drive over to the dealer and enquire. I checked the vin on the honda website for recalls etc but it does not say that my car needs to be recalled. Not sure how good that system is though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts