2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends in the house,
I really care to know what can cause the above subject.
Initially.. I was driving when the check engine light comes up. Please what can cause this?
Can the engine oil or oil filter caused it? I changed it two months ago and I didn't drive it everyday.
Please I will appreciate it quick reply.

Thanks

Helpful? Appreciate

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
You need to have the associated stored Diagnostic Trouble Code read using an OBD2 scanner. The code will reveal why the car has put on its warning light.

Guessing is useless but, for what it's worth, I doubt it's anything to do with the oil change.

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
Fortunately the check engine light is off. Thanks

Helpful? Appreciate
But still concerning, as this might be the onset of a significant problem.

The code will have been stored on the ECU, so still worth getting your own OBD2 scanner. It will definitely be of use to you, your friends or your family one day! The ELM327 Bluetooth types are very good value, if you already own an Android phone or tablet. I recently bought this one, from this supplier, and it works well with the Torque app... https://www.gearbest.com/car-gadgets/pp_130571.html?wid=1433363

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But still concerning, as this might be the onset of a significant problem.

The code will have been stored on the ECU, so still worth getting your own OBD2 scanner. It will definitely be of use to you, your friends or your family one day! The ELM327 Bluetooth types are very good value, if you already own an Android phone or tablet. I recently bought this one, from this supplier, and it works well with the Torque app... https://www.gearbest.com/car-gadgets/pp_130571.html?wid=1433363
I have the one in the picture. I'm about to purchase torque app on playstore. The use of it is now the most important thing.
Thanks Alot for ** time and quick response.

Helpful? Appreciate

·
Bye bye Honda...
5,851 Posts
I have the one in the picture. I'm about to purchase torque app on playstore...
Why not try the free one? That's all I downloaded!

Either way, do let us know what codes you find stored. You may find several, which isn't helpful, but just delete them all and see what comes back. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why not try the free one? That's all I downloaded!

Either way, do let us know what codes you find stored. You may find several, which isn't helpful, but just delete them all and see what comes back. Good luck.
Ok man thanks.. you deserve an accolades.

Helpful? Appreciate

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys see the attached result of the error code torque displayed. I cleared and refresh.. same thing. Please what is the way forward. Thanks for being there.

Helpful? Appreciate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts