2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Starting at £30,595, the Sport grade gains a fabric and synthetic leather combination for the seats, sports pedals, LED fog lights and unique gloss black mirrors offset against low-gloss black window surrounds as well as striking 18-inch black alloys.

The Advance grade starts from £32,955, and includes an upgraded, premium 12-speaker BOSE ‘CenterpointTM’ sound system.

Car Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pricing wise, its almost as if Honda doesnt want to sell any!

£30k for the entry model is quite....bonkers.

To me, its evident Honda want out of the UK eventually and pricing like this proves they are well on their way to the exit given how small the product range is and how tiny their market share is...

However, I wont deny, its a great looking thing. If its anything like the HR-V Hybrid my old man has, the Civic Hybrid will be phenomenal.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,676 Posts
I must say that in these days of rising costs will £30k be too much or will they all be on PCP.

I just hope diehard 3 pedal drivers give the e:hev a fair test as it's brilliant technology. I was a diehard torque converter auto fan but the Jazz 'auto box' setup is better, smoother, quieter. There was no way I was going to buy another DCT/DSG type transmission that VAG seem to be limited to. Had one for 2 1/2 years, never again.

·
Registered
862 Posts

And as usual, the moronic press trot out the CVT nonsense......
Lets be clear about this. It is NOT CVT transmission - the wheels are driven by electric motors unless I have totally misunderstood. Electric motors Good -. CVT Not good.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,676 Posts
Correct, the wheels are driven by electric motor, unless you want more then a combination of electric motor and engine kick in. It's a very clever system.

As you say, CVT it isn't.

However, some lazy journalists haven't a clue and still quote CVT.

How it works, from Honda :

This is the Jazz but it's the same :

·
Registered
862 Posts
Correct, the wheels are driven by electric motor, unless you want more then a combination of electric motor and engine kick in. It's a very clever system.

As you say, CVT it isn't.

However, some lazy journalists haven't a clue and still quote CVT.

How it works, from Honda :

This is the Jazz but it's the same :

Brilliant Video. Toyota do a similar but more sophisticated system. Clever technology which has been tried and tested for a number of years now.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CVT Not good
Off topic, but depends on who makes the CVT...

Nissan...forget it.

Honda. Epic.

No issues at all on my 1.5T CVT CR-V. Pulls like a train and shifts like a bullet considering its an SUV.

Anyway, Civic....price aside, this machine will be PDG given how well Honda's Hybrid system is set up in the CR-V Hybrid, Jazz Hybrid and HR-V Hybrid.

·
Registered
72 Posts
its a ROBOTIC CVT, that tricks you (and car) that it changing gears like a normal car.. for the driver.. the sound and feel it will be like a normal gearbox, gearshifts.. in reality its a CVT..

·
Registered
2020 Civic 1.5 sport
70 Posts
Saw part of the live stream via my local dealer and was gobsmacked when they said starting from just under 30k. Think the 10th gen sport was 24k 25k new, guess they are factoring in costs for the chips and other bits.

Would say with those prices that the new type r will be north of 40k.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bought my first new Civic in 95. Bought another 5 new ones since. So won't rule out the new one but my initial thoughts are that it is very expensive compared to competition and involves residual prices hitting battery to achieve mpg diesel was doing in 06.

Please could anyone advise if this is cam chain, belt or god forbid belt in oil? Also is this Japanese or US built?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Civic 1.5 sport
70 Posts
Bought my first new Civic in 95. Bought another 5 new ones since. So won't rule out the new one but my initial thoughts are that it is very expensive compared to competition and involves residual prices hitting battery to achieve mpg diesel was doing in 06.

Please could anyone advise if this is cam chain, belt or god forbid belt in oil? Also is this Japanese or US built?

Thanks.
It'll be japanese built. No idea about cam belt or chain though.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts