·
Premium Member
971 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
So its a DCT Gearbox? like a ZF or DSG?
Nope, not a DSG or CVT or ZF type Torque Converter. The drive, if like the Jazz, is an electric motor with no gears. Smooth as silk, but, crucially for me, has torque converter like creep so you can easily, slowly, parallel park or slow garage park just using the brake pedal to control speed.

Unlike DCT/DSG where as soon as you touch the brake it kills drive completely.

Reactions: FencePlank43

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Honda also mentioned the Type R will be limited production as well- this will drive up the MSRP. :/
Very very limited by the sounds of it!

“That limited nature makes it special. It will be sold in hundreds, not thousands over its lifetime.”

That will potentially push the price up massively! 😢

·
Registered
2020 Civic 1.5 sport
73 Posts
Very very limited by the sounds of it!

“That limited nature makes it special. It will be sold in hundreds, not thousands over its lifetime.”

That will potentially push the price up massively! 😢
Money talks at the end of the day, if the demand is there they'll do more. The fk8 was a limited run, still made 50k of them because the yanks couldn't get enough. Think there were around 10k fk2s made for Europe and a few other countries.

The limited edition fk8's were harder to get hold of but still made several thousand of them, not hundreds.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
2020 Civic 1.5 sport
73 Posts
Eh? You got that wrong Sir.

Only 100 were made:

Sorry, I was talking total worldwide for the LE. Although I'm pretty sure more than 100 were made for Europe, as I used to log the numbers down for each region when they were made. The yanks gobbled them up though :ROFLMAO:

But my point was/is that with the type r being so popular I can't see them having stupidly low numbers made. I can understand why for limited editions, unless that is what they are going to brand them as, but if people are happy to chuck money at them then they'd be silly to turn it down.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
But my point was/is that with the type r being so popular I can't see them having stupidly low numbers made. I can understand why for limited editions, unless that is what they are going to brand them as, but if people are happy to chuck money at them then they'd be silly to turn it down.
I'd also be surprised to see them very limited but it may come down to pricing. If these are £40k+ I'm not sure the demand will be that high hence possibly positioning as very limited.
The flip side of that is imagine you shell out a lot of cash for a limited model and then they decide to produce thousands of them?

I read something that that Canada is only getting 500/600 of them but no idea how many FK8's they got for comparison.

Your last point about America is spot on. The FK8's were selling for way over MRRP at one point and if these are as in demand they'd be silly not to satisfy that demand.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The US market is arguably Honda's biggest.

Even without limited numbers, that they have only ever had the 10G CTR, demand is robust. And if numbers are indeed limited for the 11G CTR, then that will push pricing up even further given its appeal, which is no bad thing. Its a better return on investment that drives better yield.

For Canada, no idea on the FK8 numbers, but from the initial 2017 press release, theres nothing to suggest it was limited except by actual orders.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
In addition to the discussions on colour for 11G....

They are:

The new Civic will be available with a choice of contemporary exterior paint colours, with Sonic Grey as the standard option. Additional body colours include Premium Crystal Red and Premium Crystal Blue pearlescent finishes, as well as Crystal Black and Platinum White metallics.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
On the Jazz you have 2 decisions :

Platinum White Pearl
Crystal Red Metallic
Sunlight White Pearl = Black Interior

Midnight Blue Beam Metallic
Crystal Black Pearl
Shining Grey Metallic = Light Grey Interior

I didn't want a light grey Interior that would likely look grubby with use so red it was as white cars show road grime far too easily IMO.

Reactions: FencePlank43

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
On the Jazz you have 2 decisions :

Platinum White Pearl
Crystal Red Metallic
Sunlight White Pearl = Black Interior

Midnight Blue Beam Metallic
Crystal Black Pearl
Shining Grey Metallic = Light Grey Interior

I didn't want a light grey Interior that would likely look grubby with use so red it was as white cars show road grime far too easily IMO.
Increasingly clear that Honda wants to drive up margins by reducing choice/combinations.

Whether it works is another matter....the 29k-plus pricing for the new Civic is serious money for a lot of people to consider....

·
Super Moderator
5,125 Posts
Whether it works is another matter....the 29k-plus pricing for the new Civic is serious money for a lot of people to consider....
on Autotrader the cheapest new EV is £19k and that's a Smart car FFS
£30k gets you a Fiat 500e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what I'd rather shell out that kind of money on.

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
...... and when the battery needs replacing, very, very expensive.

Reactions: Wilmo
21 - 40 of 57 Posts