2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
Even Honda are publishing eCVT !

So Tesla and other electric drive cars are CVT because in its simplest form, the engine charges the battery and the battery (electric) drives the wheels.

Confused

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
So there you have it from the designer ........ it's not CVT, a play on words.

·
Registered
864 Posts
This is the best explanation I have heard about the eCVT ‘gearbox’
A very good uncritical review. Sounds a great car.
He makes the very good point that there would be more headroom without the sunroof which emphasises my earlier point that it would be very nice to be given the choice of having one or not without having to opt for the bottom of the range model.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Getting back to the price, I was looking at a review of the new 'Vauxhall' Astra (no longer UK-built), and was shocked to see the STARTING price of £27.5k for a 1.2 129 bhp non-hybrid! Makes the new Civic look value for money!
Anyone paying nearly £28k for a DisAstra needs therapy.

The Civic Hybrid will be infinitely reliable than that French spare-parts-bin concoction!!

·
Administrator
MY22 Jazz EX Hybrid
22,687 Posts
I'm surprised any car company would have developed a non Hybrid/EV given the future has been known for years

• Haha
Reactions: FencePlank43

·
Registered
864 Posts
Apart from it being nice to opt out of the panoramic roof on the Advance model is it not time Honda introduced a heated front windscreen whch Ford have had for years. I appreciate that there may be some patent difficulties but there must be more than one way of skinning a cat.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Issue is less to do with patents and more to do with cost of implementation, storage of inventory for spares and then passing that cost on to eventual buyers.

Nothing tepid water on a screen cant cure and one less electrical thing to potentially go wrong as the car ages. Ford is hardly a beacon of reliability even with the gimmicky heated screen(s) they have.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts